Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this two days ago, and ran a few magazines through it yesterday...ran great.

It is a Beretta Model 84, and even though I have one already, for 320 bucks, I had to have it. Serials number dates it at 1993 production, so whoever had it took good care of it. Had to reverse the magazine catch though...previous owner was a lefty.

I have a serious weakness for Berettas. ;)

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's really a nice one for that price. I have one--100 percent reliable and very nice trigger both in DA and SA.
I agree, that's why I jumped on it. This is a 25 year old gun, but the previous owner took care of it, and from looking at various "wear points", I would say that it has maybe 800-1,000 rounds through it...it has a lot of life left in it.

My other 84 is newer, but it also cost me 725$, NIB.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I really love my Beretta M-9, but it is a large 9mm. I know I would like a model 84.

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really love my Beretta M-9, but it is a large 9mm. I know I would like a model 84.
Yeah buddy, my M9 is just like yours, and I can CC it with the kydex paddle holster I have, but I have to cover it with a coat.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I have been bitten by the Beretta 84bb. I got on a whim as it was a cheap Israeli police return. I figured if I didn't like it I could sell it. I would be lost without it now. Work of art tack driver. I just picked up another 84bb. It's a safe queen a friend had tucked away years ago.

·
Administrator
18,273 Posts
Very very Nice!!! :cool: Congratulations and may it serve you well! :smile:

Had a very similar Browning BDA .380 a long time ago, and it was a great little Pistol!
While I don't regret having traded it off, if I ever get back into the .380 ACP, for serious defensive work, a Beretta 84 could find itself onto my want's list.

·
Super Moderator
35,440 Posts
I've owned one Beretta and it was a jammamatic. It was a tip barrel .22 short. I bought it from a friend who could make it work, sold it cheap. I thought I could make it work, but gave up and made 25 bucks on it at a gun show. :D

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Congratulations - that is an awesome price! Long live the .380!!! :)

·
Super Moderator
37,552 Posts
Nice catch, congratulations!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think you have excellent taste in guns. Beretta has been making top-quality guns for, well, centuries. My first was an early '70s 92, given to me by a colleague in Egypt when ours were "delayed in transit", meaning the bribes hadn't been paid, yet. Ammo was European, and I think it was hotter than NATO. The gun never missed a beat. Reliable and as accurate as I could shoot it. It was made in 1977.

I was issued 92Fs and 92FS models and loved them. I didn't know what to make of reviewers who called the 9mm "weak" and the Beretta therefor a "wimp gun". The round-nose ammo could penetrate car doors at distances out to 75 feet or more, and hollow-point ammo was devastating with muzzle velocities of 1200fps+.

The Model 84 suffers from experiences people had, or read about, with .380-auto ammo. The modern stuff is quite effective and useful for self-defense. A friend brings his to the club from time to time, and pokes pretty holes at distances out to 20 yards. Now you have two! Double the fun!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I have never own a Beretta,congrats on yours.:cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts