Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm new to this forum and new to Taurus pistols. I just bought a 24/7 Pro in 9mm and have a question about the DA/SA operation. The DA seems to be conventional, you pull the trigger and it retracts the striker and lets it go. But if the slide has been cycled and the striker is cocked, it still feels like the trigger is pulling the striker back a bit further and releasing it, almost like DA, only a shorter and heavier pull. It's not like a true SA sear releasing the striker. Am I understanding this right?

Can someone tell me where I can find a drawing of the 24/7 Pro that shows all the internal parts?

My point in asking is whether it is safe to carry with a round in the chamber and the safety off, like a Glock which has no separate safety lever.

Tom

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For what it's worth, I think I found the answer to my question about how the trigger works.

In DA mode there's no precompression of the striker spring. Pulling the trigger pushes the striker back and releases it.

In SA, the striker is held about 90% to the rear by a sear. Pulling the trigger pushes the sear rearward. As the sear moves rearward it is pulled down by a link which causes it to release the striker. So there is some additional compressing of the striker spring that takes place before the gun fires SA, kinda like a Glock only a much shorter travel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts