Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is buying me the 24/7 long slide 9mm in ss. I have heard that they are really behind in production. I am getting a good deal ($380 tax included) from a tactical supply store nearby. I have been waiting for it for 5 weeks now. Here is what I wanna know:
1. Is this gun worth waiting for? (Pros vs Cons)
2. Can it handle +p+ rounds? (I read the manual on their website and it said they could....but it also said they have a decocker too).

I loved the way the regular model felt and I am excited about the long slide (accuracy and bad to the bone looks).

Any info? Thanks!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
lorcin25 said:
My wife is buying me the 24/7 long slide 9mm in ss. I have heard that they are really behind in production. I am getting a good deal ($380 tax included) from a tactical supply store nearby. I have been waiting for it for 5 weeks now. Here is what I wanna know:
1. Is this gun worth waiting for? (Pros vs Cons)
2. Can it handle +p+ rounds? (I read the manual on their website and it said they could....but it also said they have a decocker too).

I loved the way the regular model felt and I am excited about the long slide (accuracy and bad to the bone looks).

Any info? Thanks!
You got a decent price (Around this way they're $350 out the door).
I won't weigh the pros an cons but I will answer your ammunition question.
Use standard pressure ammo for target practice and run just enough of the hot stuff through to test functionality.
Besides, you'll have a 5-inch barrel launching the lead so the +P rated loads will be more than enough. There is no reason I can see to use +P+ 9mm loads unless they are issued to you as a duty round in law enforcement.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I would say it could handle the +P+ rounds. If a Glock and an XD can do it, why not a 24/7?

·
22,058 Posts
lorcin25 said:
Is this gun worth waiting for or should I look elsewhere?
Yes Wait or find a shop that has one ready for delivery....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow, lucky you. All I got my wife for our anniversary was a new lawn mower. Maybe thats why she gave me the couch :D. I hope you enjoy your 24/7 Long Slide!

Rick

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I read recently that they are no longer making the LS because they are making the OSS versions. I dunno. Seems to me that Taurus has no idea what is going on. I mean, look at their website...how dated is that?!

·
Administrator
18,276 Posts
You may have to settle for an OSS Longslide version, but that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, except that they cost more. Check with RSR Group. They typically have a very good stock of Taurus handguns on hand. They might still have some Pro versions if that is what you want. The guns are out there. Some dealers are just too lazy to look for them.

http://www.rsrgroup.com/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts