Taurus Firearm Forum banner

And then Holy Hell broke loose

1K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  PreacherRodgers 
#1 ·
Reactions: Sekol
#17 ·
I expect him to achieve Convicted Felon status quite soon. On the bright side for him, he doesn't have to worry now about his recent unemployment.

#3 ·
Bad situation all around. Glad only the bad guy was injured. He can kiss his permit good bye.

Some where recently I saw a report on the number of Florida permits that had to be revoked, it was very low. I'll have to look for that report again.

#8 ·
This was my first thought as well. I don't know the specifics, but I would assume they were within 10 feet of each other at the absolute most. If you can't hit your target with multiple shots from within 10 feet, you have a severe issue.

#5 ·
This is sad. It is just a job. Not worth a life. This occurred at my work and weapons are not allowed (federal property). It was a national media blitz. More proof that constitutional carry should be law.

#6 ·
This could be ammo for the left to use

Reactions: ICUKev
#20 · (Edited)
Apparently, he was as attentive about keeping up his marksmanship skills as he was doing is job.

Some folks just can't quite grasp that the noise of firing a gun ain't what does the damage.

The anti-Constitutionalists are going to grab at anything to push their agenda. Never mind that the record in FL that since it started 'shall issue', the percentage of permits revoked for any firearms related reason is .0016%. That's 16/100,000th of 1 percent.

Reactions: MilProGuy
#10 ·
This is sad. It is just a job. Not worth a life. This occurred at my work and weapons are not allowed (federal property). It was a national media blitz. More proof that constitutional carry should be law.

#13 ·
Wow - how sad Thank goodness the paster has his firearm. we had a lady paster get murdered in her church during off hours here in MD a few years ago - she would have been able to protect herself if cc was allowed in this state.

Reactions: MilProGuy
#14 ·
Bad situation yet it's very rare.

#15 ·
This is about 2 miles away from me! I know Terry Howell very well! A really great guy! Runs a good, upbeat, church oriented to the WHOLE community. He has done the invocation and blessing at many Sea Cadet events, as well as Poinciana community events. Sorry this happened to him!

#18 ·
I received your PM regarding this, and all I can say is this: believers are admonished to, daily, put on the whole armor of God (the breastplate of righteousness, the helmet of salvation, etc,). I'm glad that Pastor Howell did so, and that he also suited up with his carry gun! :angel:

Reactions: bigC and Sekol
#16 ·
In Florida, demonstrating shooting proficiency is not a requirement for CCW permit. However, if the instructor desires to have a shooting course of fire, (s)he can do so. From what I have heard and seen, most of them do not.

#21 ·
double tap

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.