·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who may not have seen this story yet. :eek:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21758302/

MSNBC staff and news service reports
updated 3:44 p.m. ET Nov. 12, 2007

Washington state man uses shotgun to loosen lug nut; effort does not go well.

SOUTHWORTH, Wash. - A man trying to loosen a stubborn lug nut blasted the wheel with a 12-gauge shotgun, injuring himself badly in both legs, sheriff's deputies said.

The 66-year-old man had been repairing a Lincoln Continental for two weeks at his home in Kitsap County northwest of Southworth, about 10 miles southwest of Seattle, and had gotten all but one of the lug nuts off the right rear wheel by Saturday afternoon, Kitsap County Deputy Scott Wilson said.

"He's bound and determined to get that lug nut off," Wilson said.

From about arm's length, the man fired the shotgun at the wheel and was "peppered" in both legs with buckshot and debris, with some injuries as high as his chin, according to a sheriff's office report.

"Nobody else was there, and he wasn't intoxicated," Wilson said.

The man was taken to Tacoma General Hospital with injuries Wilson described as severe but not life-threatening.

The deputies did not take a statement from the man beyond what they were able to gather while he was being treated by medics, The Kitsap Sun reported on its Web site.

"I don't think he was in any condition to say anything," Wilson said, according to The Sun. "The pain was so severe, and the shock."

It was not immediately clear whether the shotgun blast loosened the lug nut.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I heard about this on the news... old guy must have been very mad at that wheel!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
He He..... :D...
How do people think up this stuff :rolleyes:

Napoeon Dynomite has a good answer to that...

Nathan: Napoleon, give me some of your tots.
Napoleon: No, go find your own.
Nathan: Come on, give me some of your tots.
Napoleon: No, I'm freakin' starving! I didn't get to eat anything today.
Nathan: (Kicks the tots)
Napoleon: Ugh! Gross! Freakin' idiot!!!
:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
539 Posts
This is one of my favorite all-time videos in relation to who should be given the Darwin award; I just happened to have found it again today. Some of you guys have probably seen this one too.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
never saw that... :D..lol

:thumb: :shooter: :soapbox: :bang:
Darwin award

1 - 8 of 8 Posts