Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
8,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well once again a friend/client decided he liked the old/new 3inch I did an action job on, and was willing to pay me enough to part with it. So the hunt began. I have been wanting a 4 inch with the old style blueing for sometime. I lost two Gunbroker bids , by not jumping fast enough. Another 4 inch came up and I bought it for $349.
P1030265.jpg
This one came in a little too lubed, had lead fouling in both the front of the cylinder and the throat of the chamber. The trigger was a little rough. So it was time for the old fluff and buff again. Did a deep cleaning, polished all friction surfaces, and soaked the internals in CLP over night.
P1030266.jpg
Reassembled and did a few hundred dry fires.
P1030279.jpg
This Judge weighs 39 oz's with the added Pachmayr grip. It is 10.5 inches long in this configuration, 5 15/16" tall and 1.509" wide. The DA trigger pull is now a smooth 12LB with the SA pull coming in at a short crisp 4lb's.
P1030280.jpg
Sure like the old style blueing, on this revolver the blueing is nearly 100%. The turn ring is from my dry fires, I think this is another buy and store Judge with low usage. I like the balance between the 2.5" cylinder and the 4" barrel, it makes the Judge look like a grownup revolver instead of a Judge...Kinda...
P1030282.jpg
Accuracy was pretty much standard - I didn't see a real improvement over a 3 inch barrel Judge. It took me a few cylinders to find the center with my 255grn hard cast 45LC's. But once I did they stayed in the center of the target. I did have to use Kentucky windage however, so I need to drift the front sight a bit to the right. But the 000 buck and #4 buck shot to the center, I was probably too far away for the 000 buck, as you can see from my POI I hit low and high, but on center. Sure is a pretty beast, it may get some wood furniture if its good.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Gorgeous.

I'm extremely fond of the 4" Barrel Judges and if they were still in production last year then I would have ordered one, but sadly they were a Limited Edition configuration which ended years ago. While the 4" Barrel may not offer much over the standard 3" Barrel in terms of velocity gain, I like it for aesthetic reasons.

Reactions: silverstring

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I’m glad I have finally seen a stripped Judge frame. Photos are not very common of stripped Taurus frames. I think I can rule out another option for what my mystery grips fit.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Very nice gun. Congrats! You got a good deal.

I think shooting at posters of Rickenbacher39 is a bit over the top though.

·
Registered
15,232 Posts
Not sure which I like more; the old style blued look to it or the fact you tuned it up like a well oiled machine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts