Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have been talking guns with an old coworker via Facebook. We've been chatting for a couple of days now and we have been talking about trading some guns. Slowly becoming good friends... Then out of Left field...

He posts a little rant on his wall about how Republicans are racist and Barry O has been good for this country!!??!! Blah blah blah.

What the Crap!? I never would've guessed this guy for a obama supporter. His firearm collection is massive and the way he talks about the future of the country, I would've pegged his as a republican/independent. I respond with what I had to say and he was very nice about it. We both said "you can support who ya want" and left it at that. We were both respectful and said we didn't want to break into a long politics discussion. So we left it there.

Not gonna lie though, I kinda have second thoughts about trading with him now! HAHA

Creek

Edit: Can you be friends with Democrats? Lol

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Well they say to keep your friends close and your enemy closer! LoL If you happen to score a few nice guns in the process I don't see anything wrong with it.

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
They come in all shapes and sizes.. Now that he is out of the closet, run and do not look back..

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Wow - what a conundrum! I've found that some/many "party line" dems have swallowed so much of the propaganda that they've lost practically all capability of thinking for themselves....

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Well, I think you can be on talking terms with this guy, just be cautious in your dealings with him. It is not like you have to get in bed with this guy!:shocked:......Politically speaking! Some people.:bang:

Reactions: CreekFisher

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Personally I think that we should welcome any democrat into the gun culture. I think it would be great to convert or at least divide their party with pro gun people. Imagine a world where dems are repubs are both pro gun. I know it will probably never happen, but I know it doesn't ever have a chance if we don't welcome them.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
I would use the opportunity to discover as much as you can about his mental instability, so that we can find a cure and distribute it to the rest of the country.

Reactions: btleslie

·
Registered
18,580 Posts
You can be friends with a Democrat but a Democrat can't be friends with anyone...:unsure:...it's the total absence of loyalty thing.

Reactions: gbusmech

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I'd say stick with him. If he is pro gun he still has a chance for salvation. He probably gets more grief from his Dem "friends" about guns than he will from you about politics. When/if you talk politics with him use logic not emotions. You might bring him around.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Wow - what a conundrum! I've found that some/many "party line" dems have swallowed so much of the propaganda that they've lost practically all capability of thinking for themselves....
Yep. They just memorize each day's talking points from party central!

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh I will still be his friend. Who knows I may be able to covert him to the Libertarian party! Lol

I just think that Dems should have to give warning before announcing their political views! Give a brother a chance to brace himself! Haha

Creek

meme8496074949.jpg

Reactions: Magnum_Gauge
1 - 20 of 26 Posts