Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a little skeptical of the story what with all the fraudulent big hog stories lately. I've never SEEN a wild hog over 400 lbs. Ya never know, I guess. They did interview this kid on Fox News this morning.

·
32,531 Posts
Something doesn't look right.
The human is in focus, but the pig and background aren't. That's usually a sign of pictures being tampered with.

The kid also seems to be back further from the pig and leaning on something else. If he hit that sucker eight times there should be evidence of that somewhere. That many holes would leave some kind of physical marks.
Large game demands rifle power levels .30-06 and magnum rifles are needed to bring that down.

Bioligists, DNR and scientists would want the body, skeleton or remains to check this out.

So I'm going to wait until corroborating factual evidence is in

·
Registered
35 Posts
Like someone else said it looks like that kid is leaning against something else.

That hog looks like its the size of a Civic.

Nate

·
32,531 Posts
Turns out this was a hoax. The pig is a regular swine that was bought from a farm, put in an inclosure, and then killed. The pig is actually nine feet long and weighs not near what was claimed. The original owner who had the pigs sold his off due to getting out of the pig business altogether.

The original owner wanted the truth to come out and went to the media and gave them the full story. Warts and all.Newpapers have the whole story.

The picture was set up to make that sucker look bigger than it really is.

Razerbacks and pecary pigs look similar, but there are obvious differences for those who have seen these.

This now goes down in the annals of hoax history as second to the "Legend of Zippy", who supposedly strapped JATO rocket pack to his private auto and lit that sucker off. Rocket packs of this type are to give an extra boost to heavy or overly laden planes to get them off the runway over short distances or into the air at all. They aren't sold to the public at all and never were. Not even second hand. Inert ones maybe.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I saw the article exposing the pig-shoot as a hoax. Too bad. It's really "too bad", when adults turn a youngster into a less than truthfull citizen. There are far too many of those already. I guess he could allways go into politics.

·
Super Moderator
35,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
drummin_man627 said:
I saw the article exposing the pig-shoot as a hoax. Too bad. It's really "too bad", when adults turn a youngster into a less than truthfull citizen. There are far too many of those already. I guess he could allways go into politics.
Yeah, then he could store all his $90K bribes in the freezer with his pork roasts...ROFLMAO!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts