Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just as long as the man is free to choose that path it is ok by me.

Those are my words of wisdom. Freedom from some know it all telling me how to live.

Just sayin..
He didn't tell you how to live. He only gave his opinion. You are free to live as you want, nobody questions that. Just sayin...

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
You gotta love the dalai lama. I may not agree with everything he says, but he's still a cool old man. And whatever else he does, he'll make you think. I like him.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was not really talking about the lama but thanks for the clarification.
Well, if it was about me, the same applies. I'm a firm believer in liberty. I even put my life in risk to guarantee it for all of us.

·
Super Moderator
35,573 Posts
The beginning premise that a "man sacrifices his health to make money" doesn't fly with me and is not logical. Many healthy people who rarely spend much money on medical care live long and happy lives working and amassing great wealth.

The rest about living in the present does make sense as we can do nothing to change the past and often waste time today worrying about tomorrow. A failure to plan for tomorrow can however inhibit a person's chance to make money and also can result in bad things happening to their health.

I suppose if I sat on a mountain and visited a lot of talk shows I could also come up with platitudes. :rolleyes:

Reactions: airwrench

·
5,686 Posts
The beginning premise that a "man sacrifices his health to make money" doesn't fly with me and is not logical.
HA! It sure does with us. Walking around on concrete all day does your feet and knees in, we lift heavy objects all day and I work a hand sealer that will probably cause me to have carpal tunnel bad enough for surgery by this time next year. I can relate. LOL!

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
The beginning premise that a "man sacrifices his health to make money" doesn't fly with me and is not logical. Many healthy people who rarely spend much money on medical care live long and happy lives working and amassing great wealth.

The rest about living in the present does make sense as we can do nothing to change the past and often waste time today worrying about tomorrow. A failure to plan for tomorrow can however inhibit a person's chance to make money and also can result in bad things happening to their health.

I suppose if I sat on a mountain and visited a lot of talk shows I could also come up with platitudes. :rolleyes:
Oy ve some folks. It's a general statement about a majority of the folks in which case it is most likely close to the truth. Remember there are always exceptions.

Sarge - shaking head some folks kids dese days

*grin*

1 - 15 of 15 Posts