Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like I needed another Beretta, let alone another 92 Series, but I am a sucker for a Beretta, and did not have this model. It is the Model 92 S, and it is an Italian police "trade-in" pistol. It has a little wear and tear on the outside, but the inside is clean and the gun is as solid as a rock.

I will be heading to the range in the morning for a little pistol shooting, so this one will be coming along with me...if it's anything like my others, it will shoot like greased glass.

I plan on replacing the grips with a G10 set, and the grip screws will come from Beretta, and they will be the hex type. Other than that, it will stay "as is".

·
Registered
37,050 Posts
I have always got good performance from my beretta , even the Neos, especailly considering the price of those.
my lil PX4SC is a sweet heart .
I have a range buddy that sent his 92 to Wilson and man that is one sweet puppy to shoot.
he nor i can out shoot my CZ or Tanfoglio Elite but its a good shooter no doubt, course now I haven't put the hours behind his Beretta that I have my CZ/Tang either.
I never asked him what it cost?--cha--chingggg!

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
24,937 Posts
Congrats to you on your new to you Model 92 slide gun.

·
9,089 Posts
You gonna love it. Mine was a smooth and very accurate shooter. One of my buddies shot it and decided he couldn't leave without it. So I sold it to him, he was using a compact PX4storm, and couldn't shoot it well at all. Then he tried my 92S, and never went back to his PX4

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I already have a 92FS, and an M9, but didn't have this one. My friend I got it from, for 300 even, is a huge collector compared to me, and he had three of these. I just love to shoot, not so much to carry, the 92 Series of pistols...they just "speak" to me.

This one did pretty good at the range this morning. It ran 100%, and I shot it at about one second intervals per shot, BUT...man are those sights small! I can shoot my other two much better, and it has to be the sights. The manual of arms is similar, so that was a non-issue. I found a 6 O'clock hold worked best for me, but lining up the front blade in the notch of the rear? TOUGH!

Overall, I am very happy with this ole girl, and it shoots great! :)

·
Super Moderator
35,531 Posts
Nice pistol. :D The only Beretta I'd like to get is a semi auto 12 gauge. But, lordy, I have 4 12 gauges. :rofl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts