Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What ever it's worth, I know there's a lot of talk about "Taurus", they have one hell of a 1911. I know I just bought a second one on line & real cheap $515 for the Talon (check my other post if your interested, I’m not a salesmen). I have no gain in this, plus I'll be the first to tell the company to stick it and have.

I can't speak for the rest of the Taurus line but they are breaking away with this one. Here's an unofficial rating of quality, they're now excepted by "Rowland Conversions". That's quite an accomplishment, it means the metal is of the quality, to hold a magnum type load.

I'm not advocating it, one way or another but a lot of guns don't qualify. To me this is better then some old guy, eating a sandwich while punching holes in a paper and getting to keep the buy-off gun they sent him. Tell me this, have you ever read one of them saying, "this gun Sucks..." Sorry, up there...

You want a Kimber, do some research, like the "Squeaking wheel" or other complaint sites. S&W has there bombs & High Standard well, it's not.

I now find more wholesalers selling products for it (pt 1911) and even conversion kits. I hope they come up w/ a commander model, (4" type) or I'll just make one. I think Sarco Inc. puts one out, for a full size model.

Whatever, a nobody, sharing nothing, w/ somebody.. Later

·
Registered
152 Posts
No hablo whatever you were saying......

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
He's basically saying the PT1911 can be safely converted to the caliber of .460 Rowland. (Basically a .45 ACP on HGH, steroids, and methamphetamines)

Google 460 Rowland and check it out.

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
fireone should change his user name to Ramblin' Man.... ramble on!

Translation: (I think) lotta people putting down Taurus because they sell an in expensive gun (not cheap mind you)....... "if it dosen't cost an arm and a leg, it's no good"
and the gun gets a good quality rating from Rowlands to boot!

·
Administrator
35,527 Posts
Okay, I feel bad now.....let's let Fireone have a little space and see what happens.....

Welcome to the forum Fireone, from Texas

·
22,058 Posts
I like to have fun like the rest of you guys. I knew what he meant....really.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
What happened to the respect we are supposed to have for our fellow members?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
What happened to the respect we are supposed to have for our fellow members?
Struck me the same way. :-[

Frankly, I understood what Fire One was saying without any mental gyrations. Not all of us are that experienced with the written word. Cut the guy some slack.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts