Taurus Firearm Forum banner

An Interesting Interaction

2K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  chefduane 
#1 ·
Two French speakers came into the shop, the man from Paris, the woman from Ontario. They had many questions about guns. They are legal residents, currently residing in Los Angeles. He has been offered a job in Kentucky, and wanted to check out the rules of gun ownership before deciding (smart guy.) He was already a fan of guns, so he and I spoke mostly of guns. She, on the other hand, had questions but an open mind. We discussed ownership, rights and responsibilities, etc. Her main thrust was why Americans feel the need for guns. My response was mostly why other countries did not, while they were being invaded by massive floods of Muslim refugees. After an hour's conversation she appeared convinced, and was pretty happy playing with our Glocks (she will likely end up with a 42 after the move. He's talking about a 19x.) At any rate, I gave them contact information so I can help get them data for the move, if they decide to move. He said they would likely live out their lease in LA and start the move process August 1.

On another front, my friend the architect from NY is actively looking at homes in the area. His wife agreed they would be better off if he commuted to NYC for his work, and they would be happier living here.

Fortunately, my boss is a strong believer in "planting seeds." A customer may not buy immediately, but they certainly will return if they feel welcome. My NY architect friend already has one cued up waiting purchase in NYC. Should be another month or so.

The people you meet in a gunstore. Very strange.

See less See more
#3 ·
AHHH ---I don't know about that!
remember that everyone don't see things the way most of us do!
I constantly hear people from up north and the west coast telling us here in the south what we are doing all wrong and how we could change this and that like it was at their old home state.
wonder why they move here if they liked the old home so well?

#4 ·
Well done. Exactly the interaction your fellow citizens (sane ones at least) support when discussing 2A issues with someone unfamiliar with our culture and gun laws.. No need to preach or propagandize, just answer their questions politely and with a well thought out train of thought. Explain the gun ownership point of view and why Americans treasure their Constitutional rights especially when it comes to the 2A. Good job. And you probably have gained a customer down the line.

#7 ·
eh, furiners. whacha gonna do?

Reactions: olfarhors and ozzy
#12 ·
well Honestly when me and Donald were having lunch after a round of golf I mentioned maybe a wall at the Mason -Dixon line could be a possibility?
on a side note does everyone have as much trouble as I do hitting a golf ball at say 60-70 yards using a pistol?

#13 ·
Hell it was likely so crowded up there after all the Hollywood People moved up there he was glad to get out of the overcrowding!

Reactions: 230JHP
#17 ·
You do have a point, but while I was in CA I got no support. I tried to initiate action for concealed carry in my county. Not only would people not sign a petition, they wouldn't even subscribe to "Guns and Ammo" and such for fear of getting "on a list." It was so crazy, when I went to buy a gun the clerk told me to put a dollar down on two identical guns. I asked him why, and he said the attorney general was trying to get more denials to bolster his gun control position. Sure as snot, one came back denied and the other approved. I couldn't get more than two people together to push for anything. I went to a town hall meeting because they were pushing to outlaw carry in gun stores by sales staff and owners. I pointed out anyone shopping for a gun, like a 1911, need only bring a loaded magazine to insert before robbing them, getting away with unregistered guns. I got thrown out. A week later, when the identical circumstance occurred at a sporting goods store a few blocks from me, guess who came calling? That's right-two robbery/homicide detectives. I gotta stop. My blood pressure is up.

#18 ·
My wife and I lived in SF one block north of Van Ness on Franklin. Right in the heart of the city. Wanna' know what it's like being a Conservative in a so-called tolerant liberal town? I was screamed at, threatened, and faced with outright violent hostility for even attempting to put forth a Conservative view. SF is the MOST FASCIST and INTOLERANT city I have ever lived. Was very happy to get out of that Nazi-like despotic town as soon as I could.

#19 ·
I worked for a company out of San Diego for 10 years. I always put down my home state and told them if I could afford it, I'd move to California. The reason? I didn't want the truth to be known and have a migration of Californians moving to Ohio.
I constantly hear people from up north and the west coast telling us here in the south what we are doing all wrong and how we could change this and that like it was at their old home state.
wonder why they move here if they liked the old home so well?
And you won't hear that from me. I love where I live, and hope that others do as well. The only complaint I have about Georgia is driving through Atlanta, or even around Atlanta on my way to Southern Florida and the Keys. But even the long time Georgians I know complain about I-85.

Reactions: 230JHP and .452dia
#20 ·
I love where I live, and hope that others do as well. The only complaint I have about Georgia is driving through Atlanta, or even around Atlanta on my way to Southern Florida and the Keys. But even the long time Georgians I know complain about I-85.
well in typical Government fashion someone some where decided hey Atlanta is a major city so why don't we just run 3 major US Highways right through the center of it?
I-85, I -75 , I -20.
that's one of the big problems and then add 30% of the drivers have no idea what lane to get in to go to what highway where they merge together in the center of town, and then 50% that are driving like Nascar drivers, and then the worlds busiest Airport just south of Atlanta on I-75 and I-85 and I -285.
nothing like Government planning.

Reactions: 230JHP and slong115
#22 ·
My cynical side wonders if they were liberals doing undercover and that they had cameras running in order to edit and slant your interview with them and post it for the gun grabbers. Does your state have a law against recording someone without permission?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.