Taurus Firearm Forum banner

An American classic

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  ifithitu 
#1 ·
Today, I picked up a Smith & Wesson model 1905 Hand Ejector made in 1914! The blueing is mostly gone but there is no rust or pitting. The gun locks up tight on all six chambers. There are some nicks and scratches but this is a 104 year old service revolver. I think it's earned them! Lord only knows the life this gun has lived and the stories it could tell. I know the steel in these older guns was not hardened and I will never shoot commercial ammo through it. I hope to find some time to get out and shoot soon. I will post a full range report when I do. Enough of my yammering, here are some pictures. (Because I know that's what you opened the thread for!)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

See less See more
#5 ·
I just realized I forgot to post the price! I got the gun and two HKS speed loaders for $225. If the gun turns out to be a good shooter I'm thinking about sending it back to S&W for refinishing at some point.

#7 ·
Nice! But I would suggest not refinish. It should be able to be proud of its history.

Reactions: jtg452 and .452dia
#11 ·
When you slowly pull back the hammer for a single action shot, does it sound like you are winding a Swiss Watch???

#14 ·
It really is in remarkable shape for its age. The fact that the action is as tight as it is tells me this was most likely handled frequently, but rarely shot. I won't go crazy at the range, but this gun will certainly see a few rounds on each range trip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.