Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst digging around in the shop's cupboards I found a long lost Spam can of Bulgarian 7.62x54r. 440 rounds of light ball for guns I no longer own. I paid a little over $.15 a round back when, now it's selling for close to a dollar a round!

Woo-Hoo!

·
Super Moderator
37,245 Posts
WOW...convert that investment.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I gave .35 a round for the last sardine can I bought, I still have about 120 or so from the previous one which I bought for much less.
I paid exactly $100 for the rifle.

·
Registered
36,790 Posts
Love those moments...like when you find a few extra dollars in the cars glove box, or more fries in the bottom of the bag...
OR more fries under the car seats when you clean the car!

Reactions: PTDOUDE and MR_22

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
That's really cool! I love it when that happens! I remember buying a full create for $190 about 8 or 10 years ago. Still have one can unopened, but I like having the extra ammo around.

I still have a 7.62.38R can that I haven't opened. Don't know if I'll ever need that much, so maybe I should open it up and sell of the 14-round packs. But it just feels like a better idea to keep it with my Nagant revolver for that SHTF day--which means my wife will probably have to sell it, not knowing, its value LOL (especially since I have a .32H&R cylinder for it).

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
I still have one unopened can and the wood crate the two cans came in. I don't think I'll be selling mine.

Reactions: william

·
Registered
15,154 Posts
But do you still have the authentic can opener for it?

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts

·
Administrator
35,568 Posts
I have one of these as well, in my closet just sitting there. By the way, if you do fire it, make sure you keep some Windex handy, and pour it down the barrel when you finish up. The ammonia neutralizes the acids from the corrosive primer and powder. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts