Taurus Firearm Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I buy in bulk (1000 round or more at a time). With that said I shoot for those with free shipping such as Georgia Arms but a free for $500 or more only. Otherwise I buy locally such as Dicks, Bud's, Sportsman Warehouse or Centerfire Systems. Wally world is a good choice for some just not locally for me due to their limited amounts.

·
Registered
36,797 Posts
joecil said:
I buy in bulk (1000 round or more at a time). With that said I shoot for those with free shipping such as Georgia Arms but a free for $500 or more only.
[/quote

ME TOO!
If ordering online I always order 500 plus rounds to save on the shipping charges.
Plus any less just don't last very long!-LOL

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Attention to all 9mm guys and gals. If you have a Gander Mountain near you, they have Remington UMC on sale for $12.99/box 50. Good brass shells for the reloaders, and a better ammo in my opinion than WWB or some other cheap ammos. I picked up 3 boxes myself, I'll let you know tomorrow how dirty they are once I hit the range. Don't want to dredge through the mud today since it's raining off and on here today.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Well I hit the range yesterday, but it was pretty late so I didn't have the time to run as much as I would like. Put about 75 rounds through my Hi-Point of the Remington UMC rounds and they performed flawlessly. Much cleaner than the WWB and not a single FTF or FTE, which doesn't really happen with that gun at all unless it's shooter error.

I also ran a box of Brown Bear through my P-64, and as expected with that one the Russian ammo ran like a champ. No problems at all, no dirtier than running S&B 9x18 rounds, and didn't leave any residue from the coated steel cases at all. Glad I decided to order some because that and the Silver Bear always worked best in that pistol.

All around, a good day at the range even with a short time limit.

·
Registered
36,797 Posts
Attention to all 9mm guys and gals. If you have a Gander Mountain near you, they have Remington UMC on sale for $12.99/box 50. Good brass shells for the reloaders, and a better ammo in my opinion than WWB or some other cheap ammos. I picked up 3 boxes myself, I'll let you know tomorrow how dirty they are once I hit the range. Don't want to dredge through the mud today since it's raining off and on here today.
Ammunition to go has 9 MM Aquila 124 grain for 9.79 per box, right now.
For those not famaliar thats a Remington Mexican factory, they make i believe all the ammo for the Mexican police and military.
again thats also 124 grain FMJ.
I find the ammo no better nor any worse than regular Remington UMC loadings.

·
Registered
36,797 Posts
best service and value online ammo for me www.freedommunitions.com
AHHMMM? I think that i remember you referring to "WE" in a previous post concerning freedommunitions??
are you affilaited with this company??
if so its kind of kinky to blow your own horn about your business in my opinion.
unbiased opinions and reults mean a lot more to me than random praises from employees/owners.
if you are not affilaited then disregard this, I could be mistaken.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Quick question, ammo to go lists some speer gold dots, but they say " duty" not " personal protection" which is what I think the box I bought at the show says. Does that mean civilians can't buy them? They don't have any others listed besides Magtech's and Fiocci, and Federal hydra shok's. Not a big deal, gun show is next month and can probably get a better deal, I just want options

·
Registered
36,797 Posts
Quick question, ammo to go lists some speer gold dots, but they say " duty" not " personal protection" which is what I think the box I bought at the show says. Does that mean civilians can't buy them? They don't have any others listed besides Magtech's and Fiocci, and Federal hydra shok's. Not a big deal, gun show is next month and can probably get a better deal, I just want options
TO my knowledge any thing on the ammo to go site is available to the general publicas long as they are of age.
such terms as law enforcement , duty rated, etc are generally mere terms to denote that some law agencies may use them, or the round was developed especially to meet a certain criteria of a law department, or it can mean the round count in the boxes.
for example many are listed as law enforcement and that denotes they are 50 round count boxes, where the regular stuff is 20- 25 round boxes, typically the 50 round count boxes are much cheaper per round than the regular mini boxes.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I've been stocking up on bulk Federal 45 Auto 230 grain at Walmart when I can find them in stock. I've even got my parents looking for them back home. 100 rounds for $29.97 and the brass has the large primer pocket for those who reload. I'm up to 12 boxes but will burn some of up getting my new Kimber "broken in". Their 9mm is cheaper. I've been following this on the 1911 forum - everyone is hunting the bulk boxes like Easter eggs. Some find them and others can't. If they aren't in the display case, ask the clerk because they keep some under the counter as well. As far as quality, I haven't seen any complaints. A lot of happy 1911 owners thanks to Wally World.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I buy in bulk (1000 round or more at a time). With that said I shoot for those with free shipping such as Georgia Arms but a free for $500 or more only. Otherwise I buy locally such as Dicks, Bud's, Sportsman Warehouse or Centerfire Systems. Wally world is a good choice for some just not locally for me due to their limited amounts.
I forgot to try finding ammo at Dicks. Didn't know they carried ammo. Thanks for the heads up.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts