·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
wizz said:
whats a good ammo to shoot in the 24/7 pro
For target for a 45acp? I've been using the Federal 230 FMJ stuff at WalMart and Remington equivalent from Natchez (when Walmart ran out) without any FTF from either. Both seem pretty clean. I have a 24/7 C DS 45acp.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Recently bought Hornady TAP 40S&W 180gr from https://trophysoutdoors.com/
$13.41 for box of 20 which would compare poorly pricewise to the $ 32.97 cost of the Remington UMC JHP 40S&W 180gr from Walmart in Houston at $32.97 for a box of 100.

Also spent $22.98 at Top Gun Range in Houston for 50 rounds of their range ammo. They let us old farts shoot free on Mondays if we buy ammo.

I'm still new at this and having a hard time determining the best ammunition to carry for defense.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Three days ago I paid $288.for 1000rds of PMC 165gr.FMJ-FP (.40) from PalmettoStateArmory.They have/had? a 10% off sale-and they're a sponsor of this site.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Try obxammo.com. Was at a gun show this past weekend and bought CCI 9MM 115gr FMJ for $169/1000.

Thought it was a good deal,

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
I just placed an order for 100 rounds of 9x18 ammo from Cheaper Than Dirt at about half the price of anywhere I can get it locally. Gander Mountain used to be my main location for 9x18 mainly because they had it in mass quantities. However, now that it appears they have dropped steel cased ammo all together and with it the Brown and Silver Bear stuff they carried is gone.

So for $21 I have 100 rounds (50 Brown Bear FMJ, 50 Silver Bear JHP) coming in the mail along with a small Leaper UTG bipod for my 995TS Carbine. I've seen a lot of good reviews for the bipod on the site, and many have said shipping is pretty fast from CTD so I'll give them a shot. Anywhere I can get that ammo at basically half price I'll try once. If things come out good, I'll be a more steady customer in the future.

www.cheaperthandirt.com

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Shipping was a little over $13 I believe, which isn't too bad considering it would cost me about $8-$10 in gas to go buy the ammo locally at $20 per box. What I saved in price paid for the bipod basically.

·
Registered
36,797 Posts
ammunition to go, has 9mm 124 grain (Nato power) fmj for 9.89 per box, buy 10 boxes and get 20 cents per box off that price.
this is brass cased new ammo, non corrosive and pretty clean and is fully able to be reloaded.
Dynamit/Noble manufacture.
they also have about the best price in self defense ammo that i can find usually.
normally for me here on the east coast shipping runs 75 cents to a buck and quarter a box, of course it depends as to the caliber (weight) and how many boxes as to shipping , but they charge exactly what UPS charges, no mark up on shipping.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Montkun is talking about 9x18 Mak....stand by and I'll check their prices with shipping.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
From ammunitiontogo.com:

50 rounds of Brown Bear FMJ and 50 rounds of Silver Bear JHP came out to $31.05 shipped to my zip code.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Just checked the confirmation email, came to $13.82 exactly for both boxes and the bipod together. That's crazy how much shipping varies between places. Mine could be kinda cheap because we have a UPS and FedEx hub here in Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
36,797 Posts
NYPD® said:
Montkun is talking about 9x18 Mak....stand by and I'll check their prices with shipping.
OPPS! sorry missed the X 18.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Yeah, 9x18 is like the red-headed stepchild of 9mm's. It's around, but people keep it locked under the stairs and deny its existence. Regular Luger ammo is flowing off the shelves of every corner store like Niagra Falls, so I can usually find it reasonably priced. Walmart usually has Federal and WWB for around $10-$12 a 50 box, so no real reason to order online personally. At most I might order some .45 ACP online if I find a good deal and don't feel like walmart hopping.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Thanks to all who have posted links thus far!

·
Registered
36,797 Posts
Montkun said:
Walmart usually has Federal and WWB for around $10-$12 a 50 box, so no real reason to order online personally. At most I might order some .45 ACP online if I find a good deal and don't feel like walmart hopping.
Wally World here sells Winny white Box Bulk (100 rds) for about 23.00 , BUT its 115 grain!
50 rd count is usually 12.50 per box.
I prefer 124 grain and its much cleaner than the winny stuff as well.
and its Nato power so no problems with function.
typically to my door for about 11 bucks per box, so i save on time, driving and of course sales tax!
NOW wally does have the best prices on 45 ACP Bulk for sure, can/t find a better price anywhere on it.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
You're right there, .45 ammo from walmart is the best deal running. I need to get me a walmart girlfriend so she can let me know when it's coming in. I don't like biting the bullet and getting Tula ammo because of the steel cases, but it works in a pinch when I really want to shoot my 945. Just waiting for FedEx to drop off my 100 rounds of 9x18 so I can finally shoot my P-64 again. 2 range trips and not a round through it just doesn't seem right. I need an excuse to clean it. :D

21 - 40 of 80 Posts