1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
40,796 Posts
Nice read, definately have to make them all count, I reload so I don't have the crunch as bad. Still need to keep an eye on it until primers are more available.

·
Registered
19,174 Posts
Great read.. There is not a shortage of ammo, just to many shooters loading up. Somethings you can never have enough of.. :)

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
I believe the manufactures are working at full speed, I believe there are hoarders, and a lot more shooters, but would someone explain why Walmart is getting less than 1/3 of the ammo they were normally getting 4 months ago???

My range practice since the beginning of the 2008-2009 shortage has been 50 rounds centerfire practice, 100 rounds .22 practice. I only get out to shoot about every 40 or so days since we no longer have a public outdoor range, and I'm probably going to cut down on the amount of 22 I shoot, even though I have plenty. If I take the .223 or 7.62 x 39 out to shoot, it is 10 rounds just to make sure every thing still works and is sighted in properly.

As to the answer to my question about Walmart's ration of ammo, look to Government orders taking the rest.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Awesome! This is exactly what I've been doing when I can get to the range. I'm hoping things get better soon, as I have 3 people that are wanting to learn how to shoot.. I've told them if they can find some ammo, we'll go shoot it! For now, we've been working on gun safety

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Good read. I do need to practice off-hand drills more. I've partially loaded a magazine , but never have I only partially loaded a cylinder. I'll give it a go. Another of the good things about shooting revolvers is fewer rounds, so more concentration per shot.
I've been accumulating some ammo so I can take a basic to intermediate class from a local N.R.A. instructor. I think that I'll try a session using these alterations to my drills before that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.