Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking about this for a while.why dot we start a thred helping others like me and you to find the cheappest ammo.i am new to the taurus and 9mm so i really dont know any cheap places to find it.we can tell others where to like at stores and online.what do you pay and where?here is all i know

1. i got 250 rounds at acadamy for 44.95 (rem.UMC 9mm)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would love a thread like this! What would be a good way to organize it though? I think just random posts will not help as much.
Big 5 (california) - on sale 50rds FMJ Remington UMC .40 s&w, $16.99

·
Registered
579 Posts
Flyer, I noticed an area on other Forums titled : retail deals and feedback. This would be a great if it would be possible. I would rather not have to vistit the other web sites. We could not only include ammo and gun deals but also problems we have had dealing with retail markets. Just a thougth Thanks

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I have found that Walmart has the best prices locally for Blazer Brass 45 ACP FMJ 230gr, $11.97/box(50). December was my last purchase date.

·
Super Moderator
21,623 Posts
Walmart jumped there prices from $9.99 for a box of 50 blazer to $ 16.99 overnight right around December so check again I swithed to winchester 230 grn FMJ at $ 28.00 for 100 thats the cheepest I can find even gun shows are jumping there prices I've found a few web sites that you can get bulk NATO ammo but its from the 50"s so you get what you pay for. thats for 45 ammo 9mm is still found pretty reasonable

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think the price of everything seems to be going up, and ammo manufacturers are just keeping up with inflation :(

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
rwcreigh said:
so why does the cost of ammo jump so much?
The company that I get 45 colts from said his main problem was brass, and the reason was 2 fold. War, and china! China buying up all the brass and or metals that go into brass from scrap to virgin metals. So go figure!!

·
Registered
878 Posts
http://www.georgia-arms.com/pistol.htm

I just did an order with these guys.  Really good stuff.  You can get 9mm cheaper at walmart, but if you're doing a mixed order of different calibers the savings more than add up.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
www.natchezss.com has had some of the best deals I've found online when buying in bulk. They currently have CCI/Blazer aluminum 9mm 115 gr. @ $7.49 a box.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Walmart here in Minneapolis is still 9.97 for a box of 50 Blazer Brass in 40. ( At least they were a week ago). But watch out on their prices. When I checked their 45acp prices, it was less per round in the 50ct box than it was in the 250ct box. :???:

·
Registered
493 Posts
rwcreigh said:
i was thinking about this for a while.why dot we start a thred helping others like me and you to find the cheappest ammo.i am new to the taurus and 9mm so i really dont know any cheap places to find it.we can tell others where to like at stores and online.what do you pay and where?here is all i know

1. i got 250 rounds at acadamy for 44.95 (rem.UMC 9mm)
I recently became a member @ sportsmansguide.com and they sell wolf 9mm for 6.47 per 50 rounds. I have ever had any issues with this ammo with my 24/7 and it is really accurate also. It cost like $30.00 a year for a membership but they also give you $20.00 in certificates you can use on any thing that comes with your card in a couple days of signing up.
When I find a good company no matter what it is I try to let everyone know just like if I find a crappy business. The best advertsing is word of mouth by other customers. The great thing about this site is that it has everything like ammo, holsters, mags, safes, clothing, camping, exercise equipment and so much more.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I've been a member there on and off for years. Be sure to keep track of your receipt/shipping page thing as the return policy is as good as they say it is.

Steelheart

·
Registered
174 Posts
cheaper than dirt was a good 30% cheaper than everyone else a month or so ago on 300 rum ammo, and i have bought allot from sportsmans guide, i was digging through the ammo bin and saw where i only paid 30.10 for 140rd 308 battle packs(less than 2 yrs ago), i think those days are long gone. the best deals are almost always older stock in the small shops that hasn't been keeping up on the pricing. i have emptied the shelf several times when they haven't been keeping up on things. dick's sporting goods has also gotten allot of my ammo money, they had 45acp (remington) for under $12 for 50 around christmas, i think you had to buy 500rds to get that price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
cant go wrong with the UMC ammo. I've done some research and most agree that it shoots great in the 24/7. Great for target practice and cheap too.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Well lets see, about shipping charges. I ordered two boxes of 45 colt fmj, and 2 boxes of JHP 45 colts. Cost for the FMJ was 18.00 per or 36.00. JHP was 21.00 per or 42.00. Plus shipping of 6.95. Total 84.95. Cost to purchase FMJ locally, 25 Plus, JHP 28 plus. Total for same purchase, no shipping just gas. $106.00. So if you find a good source, the shipping is nominal. I saved at least $22, on that purchase.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts