Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of or used this ammo? The Dupo 7 Short Magnum is made for the Judge. I would like to try it but can't find it anywhere. Here is the link.

DUPO 7 Short Magnum

Thanks

·
Registered
32,083 Posts
The Web site showed a few online retailers, but the two I checked out didn't have any for the .410. I suspect the reason of not carrying them is the .45 Colt round will be heavier, more accurate and superior to any slug round fired from the judge.

Ammo to go Search Results : Ammunition To Go

does have some 12 and 20 gauge slugs in the Ddupleks brand, but no .410 or any listed under .45 Colt

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just received an email from the company, it turns out they were pulled off the shelves in the US by the ATF because it was a steel projectile and considered armour piercing......they said they are having conversation to have them reinstated....I want to try them!!!! :(

·
32,613 Posts
If they had actual real verified data that was public then they might have something. I'm beginning to think that they are going after these similar to the Black Talon controversy back a decade or so. That was bogus,too.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well, 2 things. First off the slug is dead flat on the end. I don't see that piercing anything steel. second, I ordered a few boxes online for my 12Ga. They came in Monday, so I havn't had a chance to try them out yet. But they look GOOD. If they hit like the plain rifled slugs or harder, I will be very pleased, and stash a few dozen for the zombies. :D

Paul

·
Registered
32,083 Posts
A regular 1 ounce lead rifled slug is going to be 100% fatal, and fatal very quickly, nearly anywhere in the torso. I just fail to see where you improve very much on being dead any sooner.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's just fun to try and hear about all the new self defense stuff out there. If it has to to come down to one shell left in my gun, and I know that it is one of these that either splinters into 7 pieces or the other that creates a vacuum to rip out internal organs, I'm feeling pretty confident that I wil be coming out OK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts