Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body ever try this ? Kinda slim pickings locally on anything in 38/357 . Picked up a few boxes for my Tracker .

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Never seen TMC before - TC usually means Truncated Cone - which appears to be the type of bullet that those cartridges are loaded with.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
If I am not mistaken, it's re-manufactured ammo. I've used a lot of Michigan Ammo re-manufactured, and it is as clean and reliable as any factory ammo I've used. I would not hesitate to use it in any of my guns. Michigan Ammo provides all of the .38sp, 9mm and .45apc for our 4-H Senior Shooting Education Camp. I also use it when I can get it. They do a lot of production for LEO range use. It's been my experience that they do a little better job on QC than a lot of the OEM's. I don't see any downside to using it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any body ever try this ? Kinda slim pickings locally on anything in 38/357 . Picked up a few boxes for my Tracker . View attachment 484831
I bought a box of 9mm JHP...and several of them got lodged in my barrel.
Eventually got them out..and measured them. Needless to say...they were far too large to be able to function safely. Thank Christ I didn't try to clear the barrel by pulling the trigger.
I wrote them a few emails and eventually they sent me a replacement box. I cycled a few of them from the magazine into the chamber and out... They seem to be fine. I'm hoping that that first box was just a fluke. But that's a pretty dangerous one. Two of those bullets measured 10.3 mm.

That wouldn't have ended well had I pulled the trigger.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Looks like a flat nose target round. TMC=FMJ TMJ Ammo - What Is It and Why Use It? - TargetBarn.com
You say TMC = FMJ, but your link is to an article about TMJ Ammo - which means Total Metal JACKET.
So while TMJ = FMJ, I'm not sure that has anything to do with the meaning of TMC
C and J are two different letters :D
I'm thinking TMC must mean Truncated Metal Cone or some such - because the bullets are indeed a Truncated Cone (flat nose with STRAIGHT inward-sloped sides) - a Cone with the nose cut off (truncated).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts