Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The manual says maximum velocity for ammo is 835 using 230 gr bullets. There aren't a lot of options to go that low in velocity. About the only thing I've found is Remington UMC ball. What do you guys use? I don't want to void my warranty.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I've used every imaginable factory ammo in my PT145---from 165 grain Cor-Bon to 230 grain everything. No problems.

BTW---the Cor-Bon loads reach well over 1000 fps in my PT145.

And Robby, that's an error in the Taurus manual. There is no 225 grain .45 ACP load.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
And Robby, that's an error in the Taurus manual. There is no 225 grain .45 ACP load.
Yeah, like they copied from the 45 colt! Aww Well!! :???: As I do not have a 45acp, I did not know. Gee, There's an error in the manual? ;D Now how could that happen? :D Wonder if the translator program from Brazil to USA english works badly? :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
35,759 Posts
Would the 745 stand up to, say a Corbon +P? That is probably going close to 1100 fps I would imagine.....

·
Administrator
35,759 Posts
That's right, it is. And I think Gold Dot makes a load specifically made for short barreled 45's......

·
Registered
89 Posts
This is what I shoot in mine, never had a problem, with either it feeding or shooting it. Probably 100 or more through it.

Hornaday, .45 Auto +P 230-Grain JHPoint 950 fps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts