Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hmmm. way back(like jan/feb) i ordered some various federal HST 9mm loads and some federal 12 gauge shorties. most if the 9mm has slowly come in, except the 150gr HST for sub-compacts and the 12 gauge. wel,l about a week ago after them bumping the expected delivery back every month or so by another couple months, they gave me a 7/20 ship. then in a couple days, 7/22. yesterday it became 7/25. the listed price on backordering has jumped $5 for the 12 gauge, $10 for the 9mm. so i wonder if they are filling back orders that were made at higher prices and working backward to the older cheaper ones and maybe praying eventually they get cheaper new stock in....
I don't really need the 9mm, just wanted to compare the loads, and could just cancel it, but now, darn it, i'll wait till hades freezes over (and the way it looks, at least the northern US might by that time) and get them to deliver it at that price

·
Registered
729 Posts
I placed an order with them back in October 2020 and basically got the same treatment. The delivery date pushed, pushed again, then pushed again, etc. etc. They finally cancelled my order saying they could not get the product. The correct translation would be "we can sell the same ammo now for a hell of a lot more so we don't need your money". Won't make that mistake again. Just ordered 250 rounds of 124 gr. 9mm @ .41 cents per round with free shipping so I am happy with that.

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Registered
37,070 Posts
Myself IF I order something then I expect it to be available, if not then don't list it for sale--Guess that i am old school but i don't go to Krispy Creme Doughnut shop and expect to wait on a warm glazed for days, weeks, months later.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
With those prices they can keep it !

Reactions: PTDOUDE

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha, now changed to 7/26! I've got a walking cast on a foot and i'm limited in what i can do(like no walking to the put up 100/200yd targets) so this is now a game i intend to play to the end. I will not cancel, they will have to admit they don't have any and cancel. actually the shorties are the only things i really care about getting.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
over half of these orders have come in in a fairly time manner. they were all on back order but the other federal hxt and sig ammo came in back in feb or april as promised. only the 150 grain hxt and shorties have been pushed back, and back, and back....

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
over half of these orders have come in in a fairly time manner. they were all on back order but the other federal hxt and sig ammo came in back in feb or april as promised. only the 150 grain hxt and shorties have been pushed back, and back, and back....
and now it has slipped another day, to the 27th1!! it is now in my morning regiment. get up, have some coffee, check promise ship date, take dump

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I'm saying you might get it for Christmas !

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i am going out on a limb, but i think when they ship my ammo it will mean that the ammo shortage is over and bricks of 22lr will fill the shelves at $15
YES! today they promised shipping 7/30! so i'll have my ammo early august

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
they admitted they have lost hope in getting the feseral shorties and asked if i want to cance. i said no. we cant give up now! so all ammo is expected 8/8! i like being a retires arse hole!!

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,420 Posts
Being a retired arse hole means you have quit being an arse hole, which I doubt.

Therefore, you may be retired and an arse hole concurrently.

Although, I could be mistaken.

🥴

BTW

I hope you get your O P order soon.

😁

1 - 20 of 26 Posts