Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

A friend of mine told me about this company and ammo. On their site, they list an ammo specifically made for the Taurus Judge. They look and sound awesome!!! I couldn't find them anywhere. I emailed the company (which is in Latvia), their response was that these shells have been ordered to be pulled off the shelves by the ATF because they have been proven to be armour piercing....... Man these things look wicked! Like an expanding broadhead. Here's a link to it.

DUPO 7 Short Magnum

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't know but if you go on YouTube, they show the 12 gauge version penetrating engine blocks!

·
32,492 Posts

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
That would be a devastating chunk out of whatever it hits. I've been wondering when sabots would be suggested with the Judge as viable ammunition. Would love to see someones performance results with them in varying barrel lengths.

·
Registered
31,748 Posts
what advantage would a sabot have over .45 LC ? just wondering.
Largely, that is the main reason slugs are not a good idea in the Judge. Loadings in .45 Colt are far more accurate, heavier and more effective than any .410 slugs. Most modern slugs are technically a Sabot whether lead or copper jacketed anyhow as they are enclosed in a plastic wad. I guess you could load a steel slug in a .410 wad, but you could also accomplish the same thing in a .45 Colt with a nylon jacket around it like the old 30-06 and 30-30 accelerators.

When the Ddupleks slugs were first brought to the market for the regular shotgun calibers, much fanfare was made and many independents did testing on them and found them to be mostly gimmicky with no real value above other slugs.. Besides, with a 20 or 12 gauge slug, there is only one degree of dead, and I don't think a Ddupleks will get you there any faster than a standard rifled slug. As for setting an engine block about 30 yards out and shooting it with a one ounce slug travelling 1400-1600 fps, it's going to mess up a cast iron or cast aluminum engine block pretty bad even if it doesn't penetrate the opposite side. put a copper jacket on it, with a pointed brass or tungsten tip on it (as some exotic slugs already have) and it would probably penetrate a significant steel sheet, probably up to 3/8 inches., maybe a little more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts