Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found some ammo at two wally worlds I visited today.
At the first one I found a box of WWB JHP 40S&W and 2 boxes of Federal FMJ 45ACP.
The second stop was 3 boxes of 50ct Remington subsonic 22lr.

Yay me, but my quandary is that there is a gun show coming up and I am thinking of selling the 45 ($21 each) and the 22 ($3.50 each)... I don't "need" them at this time. I picked them up because, I can use them or I know friends and family that could, but with that gun show coming up, I'm thinking of selling them...Should I sell them for a minor profit or just sell them for the show's going price?

...am I jerk for even considering "the going for price?"

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
friends and family are more important then a few bucks, but i think you know that. ....................... now a million bucks. :confused:

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Why not just keep them and shoot them? Unless you have 10,000 rounds of each caliber, why spend the time and gas to go to 2 walmarts and buy ammo? I just don't get it personally. Now you are going to spend money to get to the show and make a couple extra.bucks over what you bought them for, but you might not cover you total acquisition costs.

Your decision though.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
A bird in the hand!?

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
If you have friends or family or personal use then you charge what you paid (give or take a buck) but if you're going to a show and wish to sell them, then yes make a profit. the 22's- 5 bucks a box. the 45 ACP - 30 a box. The only reason I say that is gun shows cost money to attend. it costs money to park. the closer you can get to breaking even the better off you are.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Be a friend and pass this along to some poor person without...You may save a life.. :)

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
I second the above statement......

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
What does your heart tell you to do? My guess, if you weren't feeling unsure, you wouldn't have posted the question to us. Keep it, don't sell it. I agree with KLo.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I have to agree there is a lot of buying just for resale going on.

Wonder where my LGS gets his stock from. Stopped by today - .380 American Eagle FMJ ammo was marked at 30 bucks a box. Yes. Thirty for a box of 50. I went to Walmart and bought the last box of Tula Brass Max for 14.97.

Tomorrow am off to Fleet Farm to buy more stuff.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies.
I trade ammo with friends all the time. We look out for each others ammo needs. We have no problem trading slugs for 7.62x39, box for box.

The question came up because another friend of mine is going and has two tables worth to fill for sale. He asked if I had anything and in addition to one of my pieces, I put forth the possibility of some ammo. I decided to "kick the tires" on this form before really deciding.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Get it to someone who needs it. I was at the range last week and a guy and his younger son were there shooting. They shot about 100 then they were packing up. I asked why stopping so soon. They only had the 100 22's. I reached into my bag and gave them 100 rounds. The look on the boys face made it worthwhile. Today Bass Pro had 40's which I was looking for. It was the ammo gods. Do not anger the ammo gods.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts