Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I went to wal-mart(outside of town) today looking to get a VCR, didn't know they don't sell them anymore. Well, the wal-mart near me doesn't sell ammo so i've been buying magtech from the gun store for $16 for 50. This wal-mart does sell ammo, and had a sale on WWB 100 packs $19. I got 400 rounds, I got ammo happy and bought 200 rounds of blazer brass too(I wanted to try a heavier bullet, 180 grain .40) I wasn't satisfied after that either because I had no HP ammo in my house, so I went to the gun&pawn and got me 200 rounds of 'winchester ranger law enforcement JHP'. They are 155 grain very light. I've never shot it or seen it before(I'm somewhat new to firearms). It was cheap at 20 bucks for 50. Anybody like these?? I was gonna get either gold dot or hydra-shock, but my cheapness got to me. I also figured that at those prices I can afford to test fire 170 of them and leave the other 30 to fill my mags and feel better about them feeding through my 24/7.

Long story into the a question. Any Opinions on the winchester ranger(not 'SXT' or 'Bonded') 155 grain .40??

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the results are in on the Winchester Ranger for my gun. The reveiw is mixed.

Pros: I found the round to be accurate(as accurate as they can be with me shooting them). Recoil was very light so follow up shots were easy. I did a full mag of firing as fast as I could aim and they all hit the chest of the silhouette target.

Con: I had 3 rounds that did not feed, the slide didn't seem to go far back enough to fully cycle. Now, this is a new 24/7, only 80 rounds fired before today. The failures happened in the first 20 shots and the next 150 went bang and cycled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts