Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1

Registered
Do they clean the rifle as you shoot it and come with a, "Never Miss, No Matter What," guarantee?

If not, that's a pass.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

Super Moderator
Good golly Miss Molly! How in the world can anyone explain those kinds of prices? At that rate, cleaning up your brass is a given.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Good golly Miss Molly! How in the world can anyone explain those kinds of prices? At that rate, cleaning up your brass is a given.
Some years ago I was at a private range for a shoot and 'lies and tall stories' day. A very well dressed guy turns up with a leather covered, brass corner bound rifle case, custom Holland and Holland rifle, Swarovski scope etc.. he was driving an Aston Martin.

Anyway, he proceeded to zero his rifle, for a trip to South Africa we were informed. He must have fired 50 shots then he began to pack all his gear away. His last action, before leaving the firing points, was to throw all his brass into the bin.. did I forget to mention he was shooting Lapua??

A man could have been crushed to death in the stampede for the 'used brass' bin seconds after he'd left. Even now once fired Lapua brass is costly over here.

Registered

Registered
That is $97.33! Wow! I buy .50 BMG for less than that!

Don

Premium Member
Some years ago I was at a private range for a shoot and 'lies and tall stories' day. A very well dressed guy turns up with a leather covered, brass corner bound rifle case, custom Holland and Holland rifle, Swarovski scope etc.. he was driving an Aston Martin.

Anyway, he proceeded to zero his rifle, for a trip to South Africa we were informed. He must have fired 50 shots then he began to pack all his gear away. His last action, before leaving the firing points, was to throw all his brass into the bin.. did I forget to mention he was shooting Lapua??

A man could have been crushed to death in the stampede for the 'used brass' bin seconds after he'd left. Even now once fired Lapua brass is costly over here.
Will dressed.
Aston Martin.
International traveler.

His name wasn't James, was it?

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
That is $97.33! Wow! I buy .50 BMG for less than that!

Don
Check this out then... Hornady Ammunition 50 BMG 750Grn A-MAX = $116.86... for TEN rounds..!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Well here's a thing for you.. You know of Vihtavuori propellant made in Finland. Well we get it here and it's the equivalent of $104 for a 1kg tub. Why I hear you ask.. well it's simple (sort of ) ALL Vihtavuori powder is brought into GB via the USA..!! Don't ask me why, it just is.. It's made in Finland, shipped to the US, then shipped back here. It wasn't always the case I can can remember buying it 20 years ago at acceptable prices..

Reactions: TexasAviator

Registered
Tom that is ridiculous! I shoot American Eagle 50 BMG 660 gr FMJ and I pay $29.99 (Lucky Gunner) for 10 rounds! I'm pretty sure we shoot more of it here than you all do on your island and that helps keep the cost down but still, that is an unbelievable price you have to pay!

I can't imagine what you must pay to buy a .50 BMG rifle... even a single shot must be break the bank expensive.

Don

Registered
That's when every bang you hear actually sounds like Ca Ching.

Registered

Attachments

Reactions: slong115

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Tom that is ridiculous! I shoot American Eagle 50 BMG 660 gr FMJ and I pay $29.99 (Lucky Gunner) for 10 rounds! I'm pretty sure we shoot more of it here than you all do on your island and that helps keep the cost down but still, that is an unbelievable price you have to pay!

I can't imagine what you must pay to buy a .50 BMG rifle... even a single shot must be break the bank expensive.

Don
This is from here...

https://www.gunstar.co.uk/-50/F/Rifles-for-sale

Accuracy International AX50 = $10,225

Fortmeier .50BMG = $9,381

Steyr Mannlicher HS M1 - $8,994

Barratt 99R = $6,081

Sniper Systems = $4,711

Bottom line is if you want to shoot .50 cal in GB... join the Army..!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
ahh, so let me ask as I do not really know--how many castles, country estates and such does the Queen and her family have that needs to have electricity, gas, water and upkeep?
just saying.
Two.. Balmoral in Scotland and Sandringham in Norfolk.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts