Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With regards to chuck-in-texas' post, I went into a store today in Livermore called Dom's outdoor Outfitters. They had more ammo on the shelves than I've seen in months. 223, 556, all make and manner of ammo. Still no 22 LR's. I asked if they just had a delivery and they said delivery was several days ago. I saw one AR type rifle in 556. Sorry I don't know brands. And many hunting type rifles. The display shelves were small and only could hold a few handguns, although one was a 1911.
The real problem I saw was the price for the AR type rifle. He said it came as a package. It had a scope, looked expensive. A forgrip and special rear stock.(He said). Also came with 200 rounds of ammo. Price was $4199!!!!! I think that sounds like gouging. maybe I just don't know AR's.
I didn't get to ask prices of ammo.
Maybe the crazyness is abating yet.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
7.62x39 at Cabelas for $7.49 a 20 - limit 5 boxes. The 154 hp was gone - 2 shelves of 122 fmj remained. One round I do not reload. Took my 5 and some Rio 00 buck at 4.99 per 5 - 1250+ fps I've come to like it if properly choked.

still buying 40 S&W 180 jhp plated bullets for competition reloads with fn fmj still in low/no supply.

I am still shooting 147 9mm fmj bullets but unless more goes into production I am preparing to shoot 124/5 if needed - not the end of the world and have rounds developed.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
$4199 sounds extremely high.
Was it gold plated?
Most expensive AR I've seen in the stores (Walmart in Lancaster) was $1549, it was a Colt.
At Nichols Store in Rock Hill the highest I saw was around the same price.
No scopes on them.
Must have been a really expensive scope.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
There are some $3,000 scopes out there and nicer AR's in .308 run around $2,000, so it is possible to be a good price, but highly unlikely.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Ammo is still very limited in Hellaware.. My last couple of boxes have been off of the internet.... Gun supplys are picking up..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.