Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking around, see .380 auto, by Magtech for $13 per box! As of 10:10 AM central time on Sunday, they have over 2300 boxes of ammo! Havent seen what shipping cost is, but I pulled the trigger for 10 MORE boxes of .380 and 2 boxes of fmj ..38 special ( priced at $12 per box! ) Just wanted to notify other ta.net folks before it's all gone.

I'm going back to their site to spend some more money ;D

http://sgcusa.com/Ammunition-Handgun/c3_27/index.html?page=2

edit update: OK, they kinda get you on shipping. The cheapest way to ship to my address in Houston was $20 for 12 boxes of ammo. They have pegged the weight of my order @ 28 lbs :-\ I actually have a box of magtech and it weighs 1.2 lbs, so 10 boxes is 12 lbs. I also have a box of winchester .38 spcl which weighs in at 1.5 lbs. 2 boxes of .38 = 3lbs. So, my actual order is about 15 lbs of merchandise, allow another couple of pounds for cardboard and the shipping weight should be closer to 17 lbs.

Yep, I'm anal about some things so I had to whine about the weight they are using to calculate shipping. I'm waiting till after the gun show today to buy more ammo, as not quite sure what I might buy there.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Hope it is a legit site as I just ordered 10 boxes of .380. Worked out to $15.00 per box with shipping. Best I have been able to do locally is $20.00 per box OTD.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
cws_dallas said:
Thanks for the heads up. Hope it is a legit site as I just ordered 10 boxes of .380. Worked out to $15.00 per box with shipping. Best I have been able to do locally is $20.00 per box OTD.
You should come out ahead of the game...if the ammo you are buying will function smoothly and properly through your 738.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cws_dallas said:
Yep, I got an email right away with all the normal info. Plus, you can always dispute a cc charge if something goes awry.

I noted in another thread that I now have purchased 1300 rounds of .380 with about 1000 or so left. Then, I order another 500 from the above site, crazy I know. That will now put me at 1500 rounds of ammo.

But... I also bought a Ruger LCP today to go along with my TCP that is a month old! With 2 .380 guns, I don't think the ammo cache is overboard.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
No, I don't think you have an ammo overload. In fact, if law and order in our country ever takes a plunge, you may need that ammo to survive. What if we, in the United States, ever have to deal with the lawlessness and crime that some of those God-forsaken countries in the middle east are dealing with? (Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan) I'd want to have a good supply of ammo.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ordered on Sunday, they probably processed the order Monday am. UPS tracking says 12 boxes of ammunition are supposed to show up on Thursday. Not bad!

I also ordered 5 boxes from www.targetsportsusa.com on Sat May 15th. More likely that they started the order on Monday, May 17th. Supposed to show up here today May 25th, 8 days later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts