Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
College was a long time ago but I still remember LIFO (Last In First Out) and FIFO (First In First Out).

Back in October when the shelves were empty I "pre-ordered" 400 rounds of 9mm from OpticsPlanet. 200 brass and 200 aluminum. The price for 200 rounds was an average of $59.00 with F/S. Ship date was estimated for January 2021. No big deal since I just wanted to top of the tank so to speak.

In January I check and the ship date was revised to April. Still no big deal but getting a little antsy.

I look a few days ago and the ship date is now sometime mid-2021 maybe.

This morning I get an email and the same 200 round box is now selling for $149.99. I imagine they will never ship my LIFO order for $59.00 when they can ship the FIFO order today for 2 1/2 times the price.

I expect the next email from OpticsPlanet will be "your order has been canceled". Oh well, lesson learned.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just FYI. You can order direct from CCI (free shipping over 99.00) and federal ammunitions (free shipping over 149.00)

They run out often, but update often. I scored some federal punch defensive rounds in 9mm and 45 acp just yesterday morning for a Little over twenty a box. They had some 9mm target ammo, limit 2 boxes, around 29 a box/50 rounds(not great, but cheaper than a lot of places!). I opted not to get any as I'm set there and reload as well.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just FYI. You can order direct from CCI (free shipping over 99.00) and federal ammunitions (free shipping over 149.00)

They run out often, but update often. I scored some federal punch defensive rounds in 9mm and 45 acp just yesterday morning for a Little over twenty a box. They had some 9mm target ammo, limit 2 boxes, around 29 a box/50 rounds(not great, but cheaper than a lot of places!). I opted not to get any as I'm set there and reload as well.
Thanks for the reminder about buying direct. I need to get better about checking their websites more often.

Reactions: CRracer712

·
Super Moderator
19,861 Posts
I bought two sets of Crimson Trace LaserGrips and a 4x30 scope from OpticsPlanet for close to the same price I could have bought locally (maybe $3-$5 more) when local stores were out. That was over 2 years ago and that might have made a price difference compared to the prices I see posted most places these days.

Reactions: Tracker627

·
22,716 Posts
It wasn't an ammo order, but I tried ordering from Optics Planet and something similar happened. The ever retreating ship date. Cancelled the order.

·
Registered
Taurus G3
28 Posts
I have actually had good luck the two times I’ve ordered ammo recently from OP. Shipped fast and got it no problems. That’s just me...hate that others have problems

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
I'm thinking that if they cancel the order you might have a good case for the AG of their home state to give them grief. I mean you placed the order in good faith and if they're receiving the same ammo with the same part numbers but are shipping them to people that paid 2.5 times more for it, it's fraud at the very least.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think if they have taken your money and the product is still being manufactured, you will need to be patient. It really boils down to what their "order terms and conditions" state. You might want to take a look at those terms and see what they say about back ordered items.

·
Registered
32,083 Posts
I also back-ordered 200 rounds of 9mm from OP, in Jamuary, and no word since. I think it was Fioochi 115 grain. I did check my credit card statement back to the order date and OP never posted any charges.
I did manage to scrounge around and find another 500 rounds at reasonable prices, which gave my wife a thousand rounds of practice ammo for her G-3, so I am in fairly good shape. She usually only shoots 36 rounds on most outings, hopeful to see that increase.
It would still be good news to hear about my back order being shipped.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I've never ordered ammo from OP but have ordered other things, they were never super fast to ship the stuff that was listed "in stock" (never super slow either - dealt with far worse) - I did have one item that was a back-order, actually had forgotten I'd ordered it - I eventually got it (at the price I'd paid for it) - so personally never really had an issue with them.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I just got a box of 200 WWB 115gr. for $69. Thats about all i'm willing to pay for range ammo. Academy Sports also had Winchester 556 green tip @ $0.60 a round.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
College was a long time ago but I still remember LIFO (Last In First Out) and FIFO (First In First Out).

Back in October when the shelves were empty I "pre-ordered" 400 rounds of 9mm from OpticsPlanet. 200 brass and 200 aluminum. The price for 200 rounds was an average of $59.00 with F/S. Ship date was estimated for January 2021. No big deal since I just wanted to top of the tank so to speak.

In January I check and the ship date was revised to April. Still no big deal but getting a little antsy.

I look a few days ago and the ship date is now sometime mid-2021 maybe.

This morning I get an email and the same 200 round box is now selling for $149.99. I imagine they will never ship my LIFO order for $59.00 when they can ship the FIFO order today for 2 1/2 times the price.

I expect the next email from OpticsPlanet will be "your order has been canceled". Oh well, lesson learned.
Your order is not LIFO or FIFO, It is FILO - First in (in the queue first - months ago) LAST out (last one to get filled)
The current orders at 3x the $$ are LIFO.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Not Cheap, but available..
$0.50 a round for 9mm? Not no but no

·
Registered
878 Posts
I have ammo(and other stuff) back ordered on opticsplanet and seen the back order date keep slipping, but occasionally a part of the order does get shipped and it does not get charged till shipped.
Then it gets charged at the original price, and gets shipped free if that was the deal with the original order, even though only part is being shipped. I also get charged the original price even though the new in-stock price is higher. so i'd say order if you like the price and accept the back order delay. you can always cancel without penalty and most likely it eventually ships. After a while it gets to be kind of a fun game and sometimes you get a pleasant surprise in the mail....

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
This is actually a really weird feeling. I might have to get a new gun in a different caliber so I understand the suffering of my fellow gun owner.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts