Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW--- just saw it this afternoon at a matinee while here in Ames, IA. The movie theater was absolutely packed for the 1:00 showing.

What a fantastic movie... A tribute to our service men and women... A testament to citizenship and loyalty... God, country, and family

and a sad tragedy

well done Clint Eastwood in directing this

the entire theater of people walked out silently at the end... Respectfully and stunned in awe I'm sure at remembering how many patriots have given their all

·
Super Moderator
26,924 Posts
Thanks! did not realize it was Clint Eastwood!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Going tomorrow. Tonight was sold out.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
I downloaded it on my phone yesterday. Will watch it tomorrow. It should have the highest rating.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I would love to see it in the theater and may still.Given the subject matter a packed audience in a no carry zone is a ripe target for some nutjob/loser/jihadist.

Tinfoil hat removed.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
So we shouldn't tell y'all he's a Seal Sniper?

Sarge

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
I look forward to seeing it soon.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Movies to expensive for me, I'll wait for Netflix.

Reactions: Wino

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Saw it today as well. Great movie. Not sure which was more appropriate your silent exit or the applause at the end of ours.

·
Registered
620 Posts
awesome movie, if bradley cooper doesnt win an award for this movie, i will be very shocked.
He did a great job transitioning from his comedies (The Hangover, etc) to something like this. This has potential to be a career changer for him. I can't imagine anyone else playing the role now. It just worked.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
the entire theater of people walked out silently at the end... Respectfully and stunned in awe I'm sure at remembering how many patriots have given their all
I never seen anything like it. I was just like that at our movie. Packed. When the movie ended and they started posting video from his funeral not a signal soul moved. Then everyone filed out silently.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
It will be hard to wait for the Blueray. I will pick it up the first day.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I never seen anything like it. I was just like that at our movie. Packed. When the movie ended and they started posting video from his funeral not a signal soul moved. Then everyone filed out silently.
We just got home from seeing it.
Sold out theater and not a word spoken on the way out. I commented to my wife, I've never seen anything like that.

I got the book and made it about halfway before I got busy and just never finished it. I probably will now.

I will also buy the movie when it's released. My wife said she don't want to see it again. She loved it but with our son currently on his second deployment over there, her brother is career Army, fairly high ranked and over there all the time, and a nephew also in the Army.... She don't want to see what happens over there.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts