Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I received a DVD in the mail from the NRA for American Rifleman on their PDN (Personal Defense Network) DVD series for review and purchase if I want. Have any of you received this? Have any of you received this and if so what do you think of the series?

I watched it and some of the advice was interesting, mainly because i was different than the information covered in the CCW class I took. The main summary of the series is how to better prepare yourself for a self defense situation by changing how most people shoot. It addresses the combat style shooting. Please let me know your thoughts if you have received this.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I haven't received anything, but as a life member I would expect to. We will see what happens....

·
Super Moderator
19,742 Posts
I received a DVD entitled "American Rifleman Video Collection Presents"

Personal Firearms Defense

Advanced Personal Defense: Combat Focus Shooting and Home Defense Tips Presenter is Rob Pincus who is occasionally on the Wednesday evening Personal Defense TV show. Got it right after joining NRA about 3 years ago (I guess b/c I chose American Rifleman as my magazine) but never paid for it and never got any further solicitation to purchase any more. I might take a few more if they were offered.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I received one about a year ago titled, Combat Focus Shooting and Home defense tips, good info but I couldn't afford them;

·
Registered
458 Posts
I got one last year, I didn't like it, I don't care for Rob Pincus, he just annoys the crap out of me. They sent me more than a few letters asking me to pay for it or send it back. Well I didn't ask for it, I didn't like it, and I didn't send it back either.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I received a DVD entitled "American Rifleman Video Collection Presents"

Personal Firearms Defense

Advanced Personal Defense: Combat Focus Shooting and Home Defense Tips Presenter is Rob Pincus who is occasionally on the Wednesday evening Personal Defense TV show. Got it right after joining NRA about 3 years ago (I guess b/c I chose American Rifleman as my magazine) but never paid for it and never got any further solicitation to purchase any more. I might take a few more if they were offered.
I received the same DVD as well. While some of it was good information, alot of it is common sense IMO. I sent it back

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Today I received a DVD in the mail from the NRA for American Rifleman on their PDN (Personal Defense Network) DVD series for review and purchase if I want. Have any of you received this? Have any of you received this and if so what do you think of the series?
I got it Monday, sent it back Tuesday. Did not watch it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts