Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught an episode of American guns that I haven't seen before that made me feel pretty good. They built a beautiful custom hunting rifle for a disabled vet , thought I'd share if any body missed it. You may want to fast forward through some of this to see the steps to the end, as it's the whole episode with other things going on too.
Sorry if some has posted this before and I missed it .

·
Super Moderator
21,624 Posts
I watched it myself it was pretty good. If I'm not mistaken they gave the gun to him at the end if I'm wrong let me know as its been a bit since I saw it. Pretty impressive.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure if they gave it to him , they invited his family to the range and fired it. The guy mentioned he didn't make alot of money on it so it leads me to believe it wasn't a give-away.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I saw that one. There was also an episode on just before where they shot a BAR. THAT was cool.
I sort of like that show. A little heavy on the drama and I don't know if I'd ever have enough money to shop there....
Still, the daughter's a hot little bisquit...and I guess the wife is too. But hey know that.

I think the little shooting range/funhouse thing that the owner sets up are a little silly and he acts a little silly, but I like the western style guns they make.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
The exploding targets are my favorite part.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I like the show. I just wish they would stop shooting glass objects all the time. Glass tree ornaments, lava lamps, bottles, etc. Bad idea leaving piles of broken glass all around the countryside. The narratives can be a little scripted at times, but I find it to be more enjoyable to watch than those guys from Baton Rouge. I just couldnt see walking in to ask for a custom SAA and hearing a $15,000 price tag. Shoot, seems everything quoted is $10k to $15k for a build.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
I like the show. I just wish they would stop shooting glass objects all the time. Glass tree ornaments, lava lamps, bottles, etc. Bad idea leaving piles of broken glass all around the countryside. The narratives can be a little scripted at times, but I find it to be more enjoyable to watch than those guys from Baton Rouge. I just couldnt see walking in to ask for a custom SAA and hearing a $15,000 price tag. Shoot, seems everything quoted is $10k to $15k for a build.
Yup, another unreal reality show. A guy walks in, says he wants a shotgun for the bar, they offer him a double barrel cut down to legal length, and the bars name on the stock. Tell's him it will be about $2.500. The guy says OK. Oh puleeeeeeze. Talk about staged for the show. Zzzzzzzzzz.

And then they take guns, and shoot things. More Zzzzzzzzzzzz

I did enjoy seeing some of the tool technology, but that's about it.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
"I just wish they would stop shooting glass objects all the time. Glass tree ornaments, lava lamps, bottles, etc. Bad idea leaving piles of broken glass all around the countryside."

Ok, and we know that HOW??

Sorry, but I get a little tired of listening to the blah, blah, blah, of how shows that, finally, allow the public to see shooters and manufacturers in a pretty positive light, are nit-picked to death. Liberals don't have to worry about the images being tarnished, we'll do it for them.

So, you don't care for them shooting? Bet you watch Top Shot. That show, to me, is about as interesting as watching paint dry. At least, however, the paint has a purpose.

People watch interesting things. If they wanted a tutorial on firearms, they'd buy a video from AGI, or Midway USA. Not everyone is a dedicated shooter. We're actually supposed to be bringing in NEW shooters, and these shows DO help interest people in what guns are all about.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I saw that episode with the Iraq veteran the other night. It was nice to see!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have actually been to that shop and the prices for the standard grade guns are not overly priced as some would expect. All of the people on the show where there and more than happy to actually talk to everyone that walks through the door. As for custom pieces, thats out of my realm of knowledge however when it comes to personal manners and treating people with respect, they shown class on a personal level.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
"I just wish they would stop shooting glass objects all the time. Glass tree ornaments, lava lamps, bottles, etc. Bad idea leaving piles of broken glass all around the countryside."

Sorry, but I get a little tired of listening to the blah, blah, blah, of how shows that, finally, allow the public to see shooters and manufacturers in a pretty positive light, are nit-picked to death. Liberals don't have to worry about the images being tarnished, we'll do it for them.

So, you don't care for them shooting? Bet you watch Top Shot. That show, to me, is about as interesting as watching paint dry. At least, however, the paint has a purpose.

People watch interesting things. If they wanted a tutorial on firearms, they'd buy a video from AGI, or Midway USA. Not everyone is a dedicated shooter. We're actually supposed to be bringing in NEW shooters, and these shows DO help interest people in what guns are all about.
Agree about Top Shot. When I can't get to sleep, I turn it, or Son's of Guns, on.......the drama is underwhelming. American Guns is my last choice of the three as a cure for insomnia. But hey, if they can sell advertising, more power to em.

I'm waiting for the next 'gun reality' show to come out. I'm going to take a guess that it will be called 'Son's of International Top Shot Guns'. Or maybe 'Women of Weapons'. Or possibly 'Female Firearm Fanatics'. But the most likely one will be 'The Explode Watermelons and Break Bottles, as 'holes in paper' is not dramatic enough, Show'.

·
Registered
85 Posts

Well, we know they blow glass all over the countryside because they show them shooting the things I mentioned in every episode. Rather hard to find shards of glass in a field of tall grass.

Sorry, wrong guy. I couldn't make it all the way through one episode of Top Gun without losing interest. I am not dissing the show for showing shooters in a certain limelight, but am critical of prominently displaying irresponsible behavior such as shooting glass objects or putting an excessive amount of explosive in a target and nearly singed by the fireball or hit by flying shrapnel from the blast.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Gunny should get a new show and shoot his mortal enemy..........WATERMELONS!

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
In the end, we, again, seem much harder on shows that support our idea of recreation than we do on anything against us. As for the glass, until someone can PROVE that nobody picked it up, claims to the counter are just background whine. They have a film crew with them, who set up, and break down, the sets on location. It's not really that hard to send some of them to clean up, as they usually do.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Discovery had an American guns marathon yesterday. How could anyone spend an afternoon watching it?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Agree about Top Shot. When I can't get to sleep, I turn it, or Son's of Guns, on.......the drama is underwhelming. American Guns is my last choice of the three as a cure for insomnia. But hey, if they can sell advertising, more power to em.

I'm waiting for the next 'gun reality' show to come out. I'm going to take a guess that it will be called 'Son's of International Top Shot Guns'. Or maybe 'Women of Weapons'. Or possibly 'Female Firearm Fanatics'. But the most likely one will be 'The Explode Watermelons and Break Bottles, as 'holes in paper' is not dramatic enough, Show'.
OK... complain about the droll and inane gun shows but you have obviously not seen "IMPOSSIBLE SHOTS" where Jerry Michalak shoots up cans of corn or that old fart ego-maniac (can't recall his name) shoots his revolver at coins and makes them spin or the archer shoots golf balls out of the sky or Cisko smirks at the camera and shoots his cowboy action 6 gun fast. Now IMPOSSIBLE SHOT has to be considered the SNORER of gun shows.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Discovery had an American guns marathon yesterday. How could anyone spend an afternoon watching it?[/QUOTE
Would depend on how many episodes featured Paige and how little clothing she was wearing.

·
Registered
145 Posts
LOL! Good point Lance....I'd not be surprised at the amount of teenage guys watching that show just to look at her. I like to see them build and shoot cool stuff. They had one the other day where a guy brought in a pair of Colt revolvers (I think a Dragoon and another REALLY rare model). I enjoy the show purely for the cool stuff they show and the history of it all....but the drama is annoying and the dialogue is just plain dumb. But hey....somewhere some kid in California with Lib-whacko parents might get the bug and one day become a responsible gun-owning citizen because of the these shows. There's always two sides to the coin.....

·
Registered
545 Posts
Like all "reality" shows, this one gets old fairly quickly. But as has been said, it does show guns and gun folks in a positive, responsible light, and for that it gets two thumbs up from me.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts