Taurus Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one who thinks this way. I'm a new Taurus TH9c owner and reading reviews of this firearm I am seeing this complaint. "The compact model doesn't have the full size model's ambidextrous safety and slide release". Sorry, but I find this to be a plus for the compact model. I had (son stole) a Ruger American Compact with a left handed safety and I Dremeled it off. I understand being left handed is a disability but if you are left handed the TH9c is NOT your gun. It's really that simple. Are left handed people going to sue Taurus ? If left handed object to my calling this a disability then left handed people need to quit pretending that it is !

This is the kind of thinking that is the reason small motels no longer have swimming pools. Thanks disabled people !

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
WOW! I'm not sure where to with this? However, most motels that closed their pools was due to liability insurance.

Maloy

·
Registered
14,914 Posts
Being left handed is not a disability by any means.

As a left handed person, I have had to adapt and overcome many things that were designed for right handed people.

In fact, I shoot as good or better with my right hand as I do with my left. This may be because I can write with either hand too. I bet you can't.

As far as gun manufacturers and their inability to address left handed people, all they need to do is make the safety swappable like the mag release generally is, or provide an aftermarket left handed replacement.

But, it really doesn't matter to me. I prefer defensive weapons with no manual safety anyway.

·
Super Moderator
20,080 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks this way. I'm a new Taurus TH9c owner and reading reviews of this firearm I am seeing this complaint. "The compact model doesn't have the full size model's ambidextrous safety and slide release". Sorry, but I find this to be a plus for the compact model. I had (son stole) a Ruger American Compact with a left handed safety and I Dremeled it off. I understand being left handed is a disability but if you are left handed the TH9c is NOT your gun. It's really that simple. Are left handed people going to sue Taurus ? If left handed object to my calling this a disability then left handed people need to quit pretending that it is !

This is the kind of thinking that is the reason small motels no longer have swimming pools. Thanks disabled people !
Not sure if you were intending any of this in jest but ambidextrous controls are usually felt to represent a tad higher quality - a value added proposition, so to speak. We have quite a few left handed shooters on this forum who have come to adapt to “right handed” controls. I’ve certainly not heard anyone claiming disability due to it no matter which brand shooting iron they are discussing.

I certainly hope you can focus more on what you can do instead of barking about what you have difficulty doing.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts

I hope this was a joke, as I am not finding the humor in your statement......................

Reactions: jtg452

·
Administrator
18,410 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks this way.
You're the only one I've read of.

I had (son stole) a Ruger American Compact with a left handed safety and I Dremeled it off.
Removal of Factory Installed Safety Equipment, such as a lever, devalues the Pistol, should you need to trade it.
As a former Gunshop Employee, I've seen similar things and we would not usually accept handguns, so modified, in trade.
If we did, the price point given would be quite a bit less than usual and the Firearm in question would probably be repaired, BEFORE being put up for resale.

Also, should you have needed to defend yourself with that modified Firearm, and there was ANY question of need to shoot,
the local Prosecutor might find it questionable, if it were found a Safety Feature of your Firearm was removed, and dig deeper.

BTW, I've installed Ambi-Safeties on some of my Firearms, notably a 1911 and an EAA Witness, as that Left Hand Safety Lever comes in handy for weak hand drills.
Weak hand drills simulate shooting with a disabled strong/right hand/arm.

Just because you don't regularly need something you have, does not mean it won't come in handy later.

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
C Ya......

Don

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
... I understand being left handed is a disability ...
Shows how little you understand if that's what you believe.

Using machinery that's designed for the lowest common denominator doesn't make you special in the manner you seem to think it does.

Welcome to the 21st century, time traveler.

·
Super Moderator
20,080 Posts
Looks like OP has fled. See no reason to keep this thread open.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.