Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently bought the revolver in question and I would like to buy spare parts such as firing pin etc before I even need them, because searching for parts can certainly take months.

The question is, which model this one might be, because for example the catalog presented on this page does not recognize this version at all?

Parts from which model might go into this and where could you get them, delivered to Finland?

I am also interested in the laser handle made by Crimsom Trace, which model could be modded to make it suitable for this?

413 stamped everywhere, pictures attached.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel
Fluid Wood Trigger Shotgun Gas

Wood Household hardware Wood stain Hardwood Plywood

· Registered
1,389 Posts
Welcome aboard! Nice heater in a great caliber. I do not know the model but it looks like a Taurus Tracker series with the
full under lug and the vented top rib.

· Premium Member
9,803 Posts
Hello,

I recently bought the revolver in question and I would like to buy spare parts such as firing pin etc before I even need them, because searching for parts can certainly take months.

The question is, which model this one might be, because for example the catalog presented on this page does not recognize this version at all?

Parts from which model might go into this and where could you get them, delivered to Finland?

I am also interested in the laser handle made by Crimsom Trace, which model could be modded to make it suitable for this?

413 stamped everywhere, pictures attached.
View attachment 493501
View attachment 493502 View attachment 493503
View attachment 493504
WOW, a beauty.

Our resident expert on models and dates (ET) will likely be along with the best information you'll get.

What government administrative process does it take to buy/keep a handgun in Finland?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW, a beauty.

Our resident expert on models and dates (ET) will likely be along with the best information you'll get.

What government administrative process does it take to buy/keep a handgun in Finland?
Hopefully these experts show up at some point :)

There are some general information about Finnish way to handle these things. But in general for handguns,it is really rationed.
Click

· Registered
556 Posts
It´s the Model 483, described in both catalogs avaliable in the fixed topics.

The rail under the barrel is not destined to laser sights, but a two square 1-oz weights to help the balance when the gun is fired in single action, with a single-hand grip.

It´s very common that those weights are lost, because are a impeditive to use a holster. Another reason is that sporting rules of some modalities forbid it.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It´s the Model 483, described in both catalogs avaliable in the fixed topics.

The rail under the barrel is not destined to laser sights, but a two square 1-oz weights to help the balance when the gun is fired in single action, with a single-hand grip.
Thank you for the answer.

Yeah i thought so too, but why there are 413 stamps on the gun? Thats weird imo, must be some reason for that

· Registered
556 Posts
Thank you for the answer.

Yeah i thought so too, but why there are 413 stamps on the gun? Thats weird imo, must be some reason for that
413 is an assembly number used only inside the factory.
This number indicates which parts have been adjusted to each other.
The number we are interested in is on the left side of the grip frame, including the month and year of manufacture of the revolver. As a rule, the month is expressed in Roman numerals, followed by the year in Indo-Arabic numerals.
The model number stamped in the gun could be different, because Rossi used the same frame for different models. Maybe you can find a "85" number instead "483".

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
413 is an assembly number used only inside the factory.
This number indicates which parts have been adjusted to each other.
The number we are interested in is on the left side of the grip frame, including the month and year of manufacture of the revolver. As a rule, the month is expressed in Roman numerals, followed by the year in Indo-Arabic numerals.
The model number stamped in the gun could be different, because Rossi used the same frame for different models. Maybe you can find a "85" number instead "483".
Thank you very much for helpful answer.

There is VI 88 stamped under the left side handle

· Registered
556 Posts
Here´s a picture of Rossi 853 (same gun, but chambered for .38 Special) in original factory box, with 1-oz weights, screwdriver for sight adjustment and cleaning flannel.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Line Gun accessory

About replacing parts: this model is out of production. A good place to search by gun parts is United Kingdom. Many firearms are deactivated in that country, and removed parts, as I know, cannot be sold inside UK, but can be exported.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts