Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I just bought a millennium Pro PT140 (The black and Tan one). As soon as I picked it up I loved it... It fits my hand wonderfully and looks like it is going to be a great carry piece. HOWEVER, I took it to the range tonight to put some rounds through it and dial it in and when I brought it home tonight and unpacked it to begin cleaning it I noticed the rear section looked a little odd:

I swear that was flush... Did something pop off? It fired fine all night, I put about 100 rounds through it with no failures whatsoever.

Is this normal? It doesn't look like it should be that way. Very curious... Excuse my ignorance, this is a new handgun for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yep! You're missing your little plastic dingus! Seriously, i think it's called the firingpin channel cover. Call Taurus customer service and they'll send you a new one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Doug, but how is it going to attach? The "post" that is left isn't threaded or anything, it looks like it was just press fitted on? How am I going to get it to stay on? Not a very good impression of the quality so far...

·
Registered
138 Posts
It has a litle "ear" (for lack of a better term) that locks over the firing pin retainer plate. Mine are both a b*tch to remove. Maybe yours wasn't secured properly at the factory or was cracked upon installation at the factory. Either way, it is MOST unusual to have that part fall off.

It's mainly there to keep yucky stuff out of the firing pin channel BTW

·
Registered
4 Posts
My new MillPro PT140 did the same thing on the second trip to the range. The dust cover shot off and hit me in the shoulder. Not to mention the mag drops if I don't secure it with my little finger, I am not bumping the release with my thumb either. Not a good impression for a 1st time purchase Taurus. Regrets right here.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Taurus has in the past sent replacement dust covers, and if your comfortable with making the switch mag releases. But it could be a defective mag. I had one that arrived cracked NIB. It was replaced, just like others have had the covers and mag releases replaced.
Phone call to Taurus would be recommended. Taurus Customer Service number at 1-800-327-3776. ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine popped off at the range too. The little ear broke off. Taurus sent me a new one. Unfortunately it was a longer one which must be for another model. Got to call them back.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine never even came with one. It has functioned just fine without it. It will probably continue to work just fine without it.

However I think I will call them and see if they will send me one. It does look more finished with it, and plus I get to try out Taurus CS that I hear so much about. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts