Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the most part I'm not a huge fan of doing weird stuff to guns after you get them, yes some changes are to make them a better fit for the shooter/owner. Better trigger, sights, and grips all make sense but color on a conceal carry gun what's that about?
I was buying a small carry gun the other day and only option was frame and slide color. Not a better trigger, sights, or even grips just color. If I'm doing it right no one will ever see the color so what's the point? Carbon steel or stainless I understand but a pink, baby blue, or lime green gun does what for you?
Who knows maybe it's to make the guns look more friendly to the non-shooters but again doing it right they'll never see it.
Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Gun barrel
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Starting pistol
Firearm Gun Trigger Pink Starting pistol
Gun Firearm Trigger Purple Airsoft gun
Gun Green Trigger Water gun Starting pistol

Reactions: Sekol and 777Driver

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
You are right, being carried concealed the pistol will not be seen. So what is the harm with a colored pistol? You also have the opportunity to pick one up cheap and dye it a color you like, but can't buy. That Miami Vice Blue is a good start for a Navy Blue.

Reactions: 777Driver

·
23,204 Posts
A couple of years ago, I'd have agreed with you whole-heartedly. Then I saw - and bought - this.

Quite a departure for mister traditional. But no one ever sees it... except me. Well, and this forum when I post pictures of it! ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
started a post here and screwed up.
Never had a green Kimber had stainless and blue
1st gem stainless was one of the best out of the box 1911s I ever had, needed nothing done to it.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Why make underwear in different colors if they are made to remain mostly concealed?

Because variety is the spice of life. People like having the option to get things in different colors, so firearms are being offered in different colors.

It's really not all that different than firearms being offered with various grips of different types of wood or horn, there are simply a wider selection of colors available.

I myself was interested in getting one of the Taurus Spectrum 380s with mint green grip material, but unfortunately the Spectrum ended up being plagued by issues, so instead I ended up getting the less flashy two-tone Ruger LCP 10th Anniversary Edition, but if that weren't available then I would have gotten one of the more colorful Cerakoted LCPs.

Currently, the most colorful firearm I own is my Mossberg 590 Shockwave in FDE.

·
Administrator
40,576 Posts
I'm still a traditionalist as far as color on firearms. But you're neither to old or silly. It's just your personal likes and dislikes. I even like some of the color schemes, but haven't ever wanted to buy one for myself, with the exception of the .22 rifle for my granddaughter when she was five.
As for colorful underwear, in today's society, it isn't always concealed. Disgusting.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I say Whatever makes your Mop Flop go for it & if you practice at the range with your EDCC people will see it.

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I picked up a Pink 22 rifle for the girls. The son used it and it was the 1st time he won a Steel Challenge match outright.
Ford found out black paint dried faster.
In some cases color in plastics changes the performance of the base material. (I worked at a injection molding plant for over 20 years.)
I still wear my tighty whities, sadly there are a lot of things color just won't help.
Gun Shooting Shooting sport Firearm Shooting range
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Barechested Muscle Chest Fun Vacation

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
LOL, I was trying to dye this G26 (still without sights) to match the German flag colors, but this new dye I tried (Jacquards iDye Poly) is so much better and faster than RIT that I left the frame in the dye too long. This is that dye on a white frame at less than 30 seconds.

Firearm Gun Trigger Pink Starting pistol

A friend of mine sent a picture to a friend of his, and now I am inundated with offers to buy from Florida State fans.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep around here that would turn a gun hater into a gun owner just for the school colors here on the ******* Riviera.

·
Premium Member
11,265 Posts
I still prefer the cold blued steel and wood grips, but that's not what's selling now. Having said that I've used colored screws and parts on my SBR and AR pistol lower. I also like the bronze/rust colored frame on the 856UL that Taurus just brought out.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
While I have painted some plastic stocks in the past this is maybe the most bling I ever installed on a gun and the only reason I used it is it was free.
Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Gun accessory

Attachments

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
513 Posts
For the most part I'm not a huge fan of doing weird stuff to guns after you get them, yes some changes are to make them a better fit for the shooter/owner. Better trigger, sights, and grips all make sense but color on a conceal carry gun what's that about?
I was buying a small carry gun the other day and only option was frame and slide color. Not a better trigger, sights, or even grips just color. If I'm doing it right no one will ever see the color so what's the point? Carbon steel or stainless I understand but a pink, baby blue, or lime green gun does what for you?
Who knows maybe it's to make the guns look more friendly to the non-shooters but again doing it right they'll never see it.
<shrug>. It's plastic, so it's probably fairly easy to do a run of a different color. Not my cup of tea. Though I was for a while wanting a TCP micro-.380 in the yellow and black (bumblebee) color scheme that was out there.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If it makes someone more interested in buying a gun, more power to them. I've been somewhat attracted to some of the "pretty" guns, including the blue Kimber posted. Haven't actually bought any, simply because if I'm carrying the gun and accidentally flash a quick view, I'd rather have it be black or blued than bright neon. On the other hand, that hasn't stopped me from carrying stainless, which could show up pretty bright. As long as people are buying guns, let them buy whatever bling they like.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
real guns looking like toys, toy guns looking like real guns....
[video]https://giphy.com/gifs/3gOKabmququdhC79Ug/html5[/video]
https://gph.is/2P4crZV
while not the point you might be going for to me this is part of the problem. kids have been shot and killed carrying a toy gun. at a glance you can't tell anymore real or toy by shape and color so if you're in a shoot or die situation you've got a problem. now days I wouldn't buy a kid anything that even looks like a real gun, there is some logic in the old advertisement "Its Nerf or nothing" and sometimes even those lines are blurred because of paint jobs.
Gun Firearm Trigger Water gun Shooting
Gun Firearm Trigger Machine gun Laser guns

Reactions: jwc007
1 - 20 of 45 Posts