Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. My edc is a m&p shield 9. And i really like it. But recently I bought a pt111 g2. I have only put 150 rounds through it but and starting to think that I like it more. It's not much thicker than my shield so as far as comfort i think there isn't an issue. I really like the feel of the g2 in my hand. And the 2 12 rnd mags is really nice. Recoil is about the same on both guns. Both are a pleasure to shoot. Not a huge fan of the plastic sites on the g2. Currently my g2 us my truck gun. Am I crazy for thinking about selling my shield to get another g2?

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
No. Especially if you can get one of the great looking FDE framed ones.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Not if that is what you want to do. If you need permission, then I give you mine!:D:D:D Go for it!!!:yeahbaby01:

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No. Especially if you can get one of the great looking FDE framed ones.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI
Thpse are great looking guns. I haven't came across any down here where I live though.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
YES!

Next question?

Just kidding.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Never having fired the Shield,I can't speak on that aspect. I can say the way they fit my hands, magazine capacity, and cost is what made the G2 a winner in my book.

You can probably get a pretty good trade deal too! I say get the G2!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
It's all about personal preference. The Shield is a great gun and I love my 40. That said, if I found something else that suited me better and selling the shield was my only way to fund it I most likely would. Not to mention, selling the shield should leave you enough to buy a nice holster and a decent amount of ammo.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I'm with Texheim. Sell the Shield and buy one of the G2s in the FDE. Gunbroker might be just the ticket on that one.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Lol because I have a mean wife
Best way to solve that is take her to the range and let her shoot whatever she wants!:D Am I right, ladies & gentlemen??

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Let me get this out of the way first.

crazy competition.jpg

Seriously, just because the gun scribblers like the Shield (those whole page ads that Smith and Wesson buys has nothing to do with anything- then again, when have the gun scribblers not fell in love with a new gun?) and the counter man at the gun store (which is a S&W stocking dealer) swears by it, that don't mean that's the perfect gun for YOU. Shoot and tote what YOU are the most proficient and comfortable with.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have both. And like both. I know that taurus has had their fair share of issues and so has smith from what inunderstand. I don't know enough about either brand as far as quality goes. Im guilty of snubbing taurus but this g2 has me re thinking at least for this particular gun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts