Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Herter's aluminum cased ammo was about the only reasonably priced .45 acp ammo at Cabela's, so I bought a box. I know it's better to ask before you buy, but I was out of town and I don't know how long that ammo will last. Any luck using this tpe of ammo in The PT-145 Taurus? Might be a while before I get out shooting. Thanks.

·
Administrator
41,720 Posts
I've used Blazer aluminum cased ammo. Worked just fine. And you don't have to worry about picking up the brass at the range, if you're a reloader! :thumb:

Reactions: Rossi

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I have fired hundreds of rounds of the Cabela's aluminum cased ammo, both the Blazer and the Herter's (CCI-Speer) blue nylon jacketed aluminum cased loads in my PT145 and other pistols with ZERO problems.

Enjoy!

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
I have used aluminum cased ammo with not problems.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I bought my 145 about 15 or 16 years ago I believe and at a gunshow in Ocala (when they used to have shows at the Ramada) a bit later I bought 2000 rounds of the aluminum Blazers for like $110/thousand.

I've shot probably 1/3 of it through the 145 and have never had a problem....

Don

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
No problems with mine. Actually shoots pretty good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.