Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Also just picked up a PT145

3K views 31 replies 31 participants last post by  R.Ph380 
#1 ·
got an e-mail from a friend asking if I knew anybody that might be interested in a PT145. After he told me the price I bought the gun. Then did some reseach about the gun and found that owner's either love this gun or hate the gun.

I asked the PO why he was selling the gun and his answer was that he had 2 of them. The gun looked to be in great shape. Took it apart and cleaned the insides that were clean to begin with. Just a habbit that I have. I like the size, caliber and number of rounds the gun holds but a little worried about finding a holster that I like. Most of my holsters are molded plastic holster but with the shape of this gun I am not sure if that is the way to go.

This being a Taurus forum I really do not except to get alot of negative feedback but would like to know what to except with this gun. I have been carrying a S&W 642 and Kel-Tec 380 as my CWG.

Thanks,

#2 ·
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

#3 ·
Welcome from Kentucky! I love my 145 and until now, carried it daily. Only reason I don't now is I just had it Duracoated, letting it cure. I also added night sights. I use a Fibus SB11, I believe. I holds it pretty tight, never had an issue with it at all.

Reactions: MilProGuy
#5 ·
Welcome from central Hellaware..

#7 ·
Yellow Facial expression Emoticon Text Smile
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

#8 ·
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

#9 ·
Welcome, and lucky you to get a pt145. The Millennium series in any caliber is a good catch. I bought a Kholster for my pt111 so I could carve and adjust it to my liking. It will take the 140,145 and the 24/7 as well.

#10 ·
Congratulations on your new firearm.

#11 ·
:)welcome from north fla

#12 ·
Welcome from Indiana!!

#18 ·
Welcome from Plano Texas to the best gun forum on the Internet!

#22 ·
Welcome from GA and congrats on the PT 145 !

#23 ·
Hello and welcome aboard the best forum on the net, from Wilmington, NC!

#24 ·
Well took the gun to the range today to see if it was going to be a love or hate relationship. Loaded both clips and fired them with out a problem. Shot a little low and to the left. That was at 7 yards. Most likely the hold that I had on the gun. Then was going to see what happens at 15 yards. Loaded another clip when to pull the trigger and it went from maybe a 9 pound pull to about a 50 pound pull. Truthly, I thought maybe it did not rack the top round so I pulled the slide back and there was a round in the pipe. Took that one out and racked another round. The trigger would not fire. Ejected that one then tried again. it fired but again about 10 times the pressure that should be needed in single action.

Got home to clean the gun and can not get the silde off the frame. This is turning into a hate relationship.

Called Taurus and I was called 21. Waited on the phone for 1.5 hours and got to called # 8. Had a client that was waiting on me and hung-up. Called back after the appointment and I was caller # 21 again. Will try again in the morning.

Any ideas on what happened? The gun chambered the lead and FMJ bullets without a problem.

#25 ·
As the satisfied owner of four pistols in the Millennium series, I'd say you did a "good day's work" when you acquired the Taurus Millennium PT145 Pro.

The PT145 is one of my favorite carry pistols. :D

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.