Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been around much lately, been working 70-80 hrs/week since June. With college football season in full force, don't leave much time.

Many of you probably remember my daughters health issues from last year.
Recap: 2 surgeries consisting of a total of colectomy. Then a few months later some major complications so we made the cross country trip from Texas to The Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. Well the wife and daughter did, I stayed here with my son.

We received good info and excellent care from Mayo and now the 6 months has passed and it's time to return to Minnesota for 2 additional surgeries. Well almost....this time all 4 of us will be making the journey. We leave here on December 16th. First appt is on the 18th with surgeries scheduled for the 22nd and 23rd. Yes we will be spending Christmas in a hospital 1100 miles from the rest of our families.

I've always wanted to make a cross country road trip to see more of this great country, but I didn't want to have do it in the winter...I'm sure Minnesota and all points in between are beautiful but not liking the idea of seeing them when it's 20° below the threshold of pain. Lol

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Thanks for the update, keeping your family in my thoughts.

Reactions: Paul81

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
We wish everyone well

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Good luck.

Just remember, being together with family at a hospital is better than being alone in a beautiful mansion.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good luck.

Just remember, being together with family at a hospital is better than being alone in a beautiful mansion.
Well said, yes, me, wife and 2of3 kids will all be together, only one missing is the oldest and currently deployed to the big sand box.

I'm 47 and the wife is 36 and amazingly enough this is the first year we'll be away from our parents/siblings.

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
994 Posts
Wishing all of you well. Hopefully your upcoming trip will be joyful and safe, Minneapolis is really nice in the winter, been there a few times, cold but beautiful (compared to seeing everything brown and dried up in California).

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Travel safe. Hope all goes well.

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
I wish her well and a fast and full recovery!

Minnesota is better in the winter in my opinion (yes I have been ther in the winter quite a few times). Less mosquitos!

Reactions: Paul81 and Wolf1477

·
10,379 Posts
Good luck and have a safe trip, hope everything goes great.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Best wishes for a great outcome. Good time of year for swimming in MN

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Paul

You and your family remain in my prayers.

Alan

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Best wishes for a great outcome. Good time of year for swimming in MN

Don't do this Paul: Everybody get's "Shrinkage"!

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't do this Paul: Everybody get's "Shrinkage"!
Don't worry

At those temps I'm afraid it would be an innie instead of an outie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts