Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.whio.com/news/trending/coronavirus-nearly-400-employees-test-positive-virus-missouri-pork-processing-plant/LTVRMRUQXBDERJU365EXPTEEPU/

Nearly 400 workers at a Missouri pork processing plant have tested positive for the coronavirus, officials said.

The 373 contract employees at Triumph Foods pork processing plant in Buchanan County, Missouri, showed no signs of illness, CNN reported.

"We continue to work this weekend contacting these asymptomatic patients and have initiated the process of contact tracing with those determined to be close contacts of our positive cases," Dr. Randall Williams, director of the Department of Health and Senior Services said in a statement.

The health department has tested more than 2,300 Triumph Foods employees.
I read somewhere that these meat processing plants will sometimes hire up to 4 members of the same family to work there, so if one gets a highly contagious disease that person can infect the others also, regardless of any precautions taken while on the job.

·
Premium Member
12,517 Posts
I didn't know that we are regularly testing people that show no signs of the illness. Personally I don't know of a single person that has been tested nor treated for the virus.

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
17,572 Posts
I didn't know that we are regularly testing people that show no signs of the illness.
I don't believe they are, but in instances where known cases come out of a defined group they will test the whole group. Like a large packing plant in a rural area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts