Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All you people that purchased the Taurus PT111 G2's that are on sale >>>>>>>

Don't forget another benefit you have of purchasing the Taurus is that you can renew your NRA membership for another year or if you do not already have a NRA membership (Shame on you) you can get a one year memebership all for purchasing your NEW Taurus Firearm. Hey $35 saved is $35 saved !!! God Bless :)

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc

·
Registered
267 Posts
That promotion is only if you purchased a Taurus handgun between January 1, 2014 thru December 31, 2014...... I purchased mine this year (2015).... Taurus has not updated there website with a new promotion yet. But, based on previous years, hopefully Taurus will have the same offer for 2015...;)

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Funny thing about that, when I bought mine last year , it was outside the dates allotted , which was for Jan 1st through Dec 31 2013,
Then way later, it listed the 2014 dates.

I'm not crying since I didn't loose money, but the offer wasn't current or updated when I bought my PT 24/7

·
Registered
354 Posts
I bought 2 'Tauri' last summer, applied for 2 free subscriptions & NRA screwed them all up. I had to phone them to straighten it out. Hate to say this about the NRA, but their customer service reps are not the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Reactions: WellArmed

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
If the offer is still valid, will they work for multiple guns for a longer membership?

·
Registered
354 Posts
If the offer is still valid, will they work for multiple guns for a longer membership?
Yes. If you read my previous post just before yours, you'll see that I purchased 2 Taurus pistols last summer & received 2 complementary NRA memberships. Just be sure to apply for each separately.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Yes. If you read my previous post just before yours, you'll see that I purchased 2 Taurus pistols last summer & received 2 complementary NRA memberships. Just be sure to apply for each separately.
Meaning they just added the second year onto the first so you have a 2-year membership? Or do you mean you got a 1-year membership for two people?

I have an order coming in worth 4 years of NRA membership :D

·
Registered
354 Posts
Meaning I got 2 consecutive years added to my already active membership. One for each Taurus firearm I purchased. There's a space on the application to list your already active NRA membership number if you want to add it to that, or, have it started as a new membership. Of course both Taurus and the NRA screwed up and treated them as a new membership & I was getting warnings that my active membership was about to expire (it really was at the end of the year) so, like I mentioned, I had to contact NRA customer service to straighten it out. My active membership had board voting rights which I would've lost if it expired even though I would've had 2 new years on a new account.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I purchased a 709 and a G2 last year. I had just renewed my NRA for 3 years so that made it 5 years. I had no trouble, it worked just the way it was supposed to. Nice to now it works once in a while. LOL

·
Registered
354 Posts
They never sent me mine.
IIRC, you go to their website (Taurus), find the PDF form, download it & print it out. Then, after filling it out, mail it to them with a copy of your purchase invoice.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Has anyone successfully completed and received their NRA membership? The PDF form application says purchases had to have been made in 2014, and app postmarked by Jan 31 2015.

All of these PT111 deals were this year. Idk, maybe the price dropped as the NRA membership isn't included anymore.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
The prices don't have anything to do with the NRA offer; there are fewer amenities for the less expensive models or they are carbon steel rather than stainless in some cases.

Taurus offers some stainless models in both plain and black coated, and those pistols are a certain price; and then they offer the budget version in black coated carbon steel, often with the FS suffix, at reduced prices and often with no plastic case and only a single mag.

I've used the NRA offer 3 times now, and it's worked every time for me. I don't know if the offer is continuing in 2015 or not, but if not they need to pull the offer down from their website before they anger an awful lot of customers by continuing to advertise it as a benefit for buying Taurus.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Sweet. Thank you for making that call. 4-year NRA membership, here I come :)

Any chance they told you to use the outdated pdf form on the site anyway?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Sweet. Thank you for making that call. 4-year NRA membership, here I come :)

Any chance they told you to use the outdated pdf form on the site anyway?
They didn't specifically tell me to use it; but I told them I used it and sent it in on a gun bought 1-3, and she told me it should go through just fine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Must purchase a new Taurus firearm at retail between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015

Copied and pasted from the form on the Taurus website so the offer is good this year too. Does anyone know if you get the "freebies" like the range bag when using the Taurus form?

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Ah, well the old form is identical to the new one, the only difference is the years in the text at the bottom which doesn't matter as you cut out the one portion only.

So, you're safe using either old or new

I already printed out copies of the old ones so I'll just use those.

Question- what constitutes a "receipt" if you purchased online, like from Bud's? Is the order invoice enough? It doesn't show the serials on there, just basics like model numbers of the guns, totals paid, name/address info and not much else.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts