Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to Sea World, and have read pages and pages of your gun laws. I don't see anywhere that says no CC in theme parks. Is it up to Sea World etc? they post- or not?
The knife I carry, and the one in my car, are both less than 5" so I'm good with those. And we reciprocate with FL, so I'm PRETTY good with that- just wondering- did they intend to say theme parks are off limits? or is it hidden in some legalese?

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Signs don't carry the weight of law here. They can only ask you to leave. If you are asked to leave do so without hesitation. Knife laws can be vague and ambiguous.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have read through many pages of the florida gun laws, statues and even the Florida Firearm Law book by John Gutmeyer multiple times and have wandered the same question. Either Im missing it or its not there.

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
They are private properties. All they can do is ask that you leave the premises. If this happens, leave immediately, otherwise you can be charged with trespassing.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I don't think there are any metal detectors or wands being used at the parks, but they do inspect bags, I believe. And the guys are correct about private property -- if they ask you to leave, leave.
Make sure the piece isn't going to fly out while you're riding The Manta. :D

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
Signs don't carry the weight of law here. They can only ask you to leave. If you are asked to leave do so without hesitation. Knife laws can be vague and ambiguous.
Exactly this.

Knives are tricky and laws can change between every jurisdiction.

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, thanks for the quick replies guys. As to the knives- I did notice there were different regs- handgunlaw lists all the counties, and each one has its own re: knives. Not too worried about that, really, I carry a little 2" pocketknife- but have a 3 1/2" in a pocket in my car. No reson for anyone to see it.
As to the park- I liked what rt sai d :) and I'm always extra careful in unknown locations- even here at home. But there is absolutely no problem with leaving- if for some reason someone does know I'm carrying, and they ask me to leave- I am not the type to yell 'I know my rights' and stuff like that. I'll simply say yes sir, and merry Christmas- and hit the exit.
Interesting law, signs have no- authority- here in SC they do, but they have to be a certain size, certian height lettering- the law says if it isn;t that big it is unenforceable But again, if a property owner asked me to leave I would- too old for troublemakin'. And the concensus seems to be even if the letters are too small, the judge may say 'they were close enough..' so no, no trouble from me.
Thanks again, yall are great.
Oh Jimmy- won;t be in a bag, always on my hip- and I don't do rides. Well, maybe the merry-go-round with my grandbaby.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Wow, thanks for the quick replies guys. As to the knives- I did notice there were different regs- handgunlaw lists all the counties, and each one has its own re: knives. Not too worried about that, really, I carry a little 2" pocketknife- but have a 3 1/2" in a pocket in my car. No reson for anyone to see it.
As to the park- I liked what rt sai d :) and I'm always extra careful in unknown locations- even here at home. But there is absolutely no problem with leaving- if for some reason someone does know I'm carrying, and they ask me to leave- I am not the type to yell 'I know my rights' and stuff like that. I'll simply say yes sir, and merry Christmas- and hit the exit.
Interesting law, signs have no- authority- here in SC they do, but they have to be a certain size, certian height lettering- the law says if it isn;t that big it is unenforceable But again, if a property owner asked me to leave I would- too old for troublemakin'. And the concensus seems to be even if the letters are too small, the judge may say 'they were close enough..' so no, no trouble from me.
Thanks again, yall are great.
Oh Jimmy- won;t be in a bag, always on my hip- and I don't do rides. Well, maybe the merry-go-round with my grandbaby.
You should be fine with the knife in your pocket :)

I go to Theme parks a lot since I live here, and don't even carry in the park. I usually go to Seaworld and Busch gardens since I have annual passes, but Disney is also a favorite. In my almost 2 decades living in Central FL, I've never had the need to have to shank somebody for bad behavior :D LOL. But usually I just leave the CCW in the car.

If you don't do the thrill rides, a pistol would even be ok as long as you conceal it well. Have fun at the parks!

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good info, thanks man- nothing like having a veteran to scope things out for ya.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
...Interesting law, signs have no- authority- here in SC they do, but they have to be a certain size, certian height lettering- the law says if it isn;t that big it is unenforceable...
I always love finding places that post signs that don't meet the requirements. Our local mall is posted but someone was too lazy to do the research. The gun pictured on the sign has to be black, they used a red one.

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo
1 - 11 of 11 Posts