Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever bought something for shooting which, on reflection, you just didn't need to buy..? I guess we can all be found guilty of that misdemeanour at some time or other. With me it's snap caps..!! I have dozens of the damn things. mostly for my shotguns, but I do have some in .308, .243 and .22LR. Of course now I need some for my pistols.. and they are hard to find in GB..!! But I digress.

I saw an advert last week, and I'm damned if I can find it now so I can't post a link, but it was for a gadget for rifle shooters. Simply put it's a metal tube with a plastic flexible end attached to a case holding a motor which drives a fan. You insert the flexible tube into the end of your rifle barrel and turn on the motor and it blows cool air down the barrel... and cools it..!! WHAT..!! Oh and it's selling for around $40.00.. This can certainly be classed as something designed for no reason. What's wrong with waiting five minutes and let nature do the job for free?

Oh and here's a link to a brilliant website.. THIS got rave reviews in the GB shooting press way back when, and no-one actually tried the stuff. A lot of red faces at a few well thought of magazines after that.. Check it out, it's so convincing, you might want to try it too..!

Season Shot - Ammo with flavor.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
OMG!! Just what The Chef needs!! Combines one of my favorite sports (shooting) with my culinary career!! Why did I not think of this!?

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Snap caps are very easy to make, if you reload. Just seat a bullet in the case to the appropriate OAL, no powder, no primer and then fill the primer hole with hot glue. Cut the cooled glue flush and you are good to go. If the glue wears out just pop it out and replace with fresh hot glue. If you don't reload, a friend who does should be able to make you one quickly and cheap.

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
Snap caps are very easy to make, if you reload. Just seat a bullet in the case to the appropriate OAL, no powder, no primer and then fill the primer hole with hot glue. Cut the cooled glue flush and you are good to go. If the glue wears out just pop it out and replace with fresh hot glue. If you don't reload, a friend who does should be able to make you one quickly and cheap.
I hear/ understand that quite a few Re-Loaders make SNAP CAPS purely by accident as well!!!!!-----

Attachments

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
LOL, I guess you are talking from experience?

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
LOL, I guess you are talking from experience?

ahhhhh------r-o-t-t-i-e-j-a-k-e.
I specialize in squids--ahh I mean squibs myself, anybody can load a cartridge that don't fire but to be able to load a cartridge that lodges the projectile in the barrel takes some experience, I mean think about all the different barrel lengths that I have to work with!

Reactions: jimb1972

·
Registered
6,337 Posts
ahhhhh------r-o-t-t-i-e-j-a-k-e.
I specialize in squids--ahh I mean squibs myself, anybody can load a cartridge that don't fire but to be able to load a cartridge that lodges the projectile in the barrel takes some experience, I mean think about all the different barrel lengths that I have to work with!
You wouldn't have so many squibs if you just accepted those bottom feeders are a passing fad just like smokeless powder.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
6,337 Posts

Been saving this one for the right moment.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
OK--finally getting to some REAL: guns here!

Attachments

Reactions: ManxTom
1 - 13 of 13 Posts