Taurus Firearm Forum banner

All about shot placement

2K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  wcdavis97 
#1 ·
This is from 25 yrds with my service 9mm beretta. 46 rounds kneeling and standing. As you can see i twitched on a couple rounds. Now this is all good as long as the bad guy stands still. ;)

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice shooting there sir.

#4 ·
Yep, that will likely get the job done!
My carry test for my carry guns are generally that I start out at 7 yards, then 10,12,15,18,21 & 25 yards, i fire 100 rounds which is about 15 rounds at each range.
I do double and triple taps at 7 yards only.
I don't really care about group size as long as they are in the goody!
i generally expect about 90-95 in COM (chest or head) and all to be in the body somewhere, this is with a normal silhouette.
With my Beretta PX4 SC, Stoeger Cougar, 1911's in 45 and 38 Super and the Pt99.
i don't realistically expect that performance out of my pocket pistols, the taurus 738 is good out to about 10-12 yards and the Sig 238 out to 15 yards with head shots.
I don't shoot this every range trip but often.

#5 ·
This is from 25 yrds with my service 9mm beretta. 46 rounds kneeling and standing. As you can see i twitched on a couple rounds. Now this is all good as long as the bad guy stands still. ;)
View attachment 21746

I imagine the BG would be "still" after the first couple of those rounds upset his proverbial apple cart! ;)

#8 ·
You weren't speed shooting I wouldn't imagine?

#12 ·
What ever someone tells you people don't like leaking blood from their bodies good shooting.

#14 ·
I think I'll try it next week. Rain for the next 2 days and something else already planned for Monday.
I only have 2 mags, so I'll have to reload one of them.
5 minutes shouldn't be a problem.
Any excuse to shoot!

#16 ·
Hitting multiple locations is better then nailing one for maximum trauma... At 25 yards I would rather be using the m4, but you do have to be prepared with the hand gun. Looks good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.