Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am wanting some ways to carry the Micro 9 and have a leather pocket holster and an Outbags OWB leather holster on the way. Having an extra shell for my AG Cloak Tuck I watched some YouTube videos and thought this would be the way to "jump the shark" and get set up for it. The shell was a PT 111 G2 model that wasn't quite right so the company sent me another after I sent them photos of the fit.

I made a triple layer of HD aluminum foil to insure I did't bake the leather and screwed the shell back into place to maintain the bolt spacing. Checked the fit with the Kimber and then heated the shell up with my heat gun. I didn't expect the original shape to virtually disappear when it warmed up but the features began to melt away. I didn't get it to the point where it got shiny.

Putting the pistol in place and shaping the Kydex with my leather glove on and it got "close" to what I wanted. It still lacks the click that an OEM shell will provide for these holsters.

Bottom line, I took another shell that I had for a pistol model I don't own and it's on the way to Idaho for their free shell swap. :rolleyes:

Also will have them send some Kydex belt clips to replace the steel ones on this holster backing.

IMG_20200625_194240.jpg

IMG_20200625_200451.jpg

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
How did u get a hold of someone!!! I’ve been trying for weeks to get replacement parts.!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I'm kinda surprised the aliengear holsters are even a remoldable plastic. I assumed they were injection molded which in general is not remoldable. I know Fobus holsters are injection molded. At about 300 degrees Fahrenheit the fobus becomes a puddle.

·
Super Moderator
35,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How did u get a hold of someone!!! I’ve been trying for weeks to get replacement parts.!!!

Here's an order form to fill out and mail. There is also a shell replacement form that I used. They have acknowledged and said they are very busy, my stull would be 2-3 weeks.

https://aliengearholsters.com/docs/alien-gear-mail-in-order.pdf

https://aliengearholsters.com/docs/agh-returns-exchanges-1030.pdf

I'm kinda surprised the aliengear holsters are even a remoldable plastic. I assumed they were injection molded which in general is not remoldable. I know Fobus holsters are injection molded. At about 300 degrees Fahrenheit the fobus becomes a puddle.
Yep, they are a heavy Kydex and can be tweaked for better fit although the shells that I have gotten, except for one they replaced, have all been very well molded for the gun with retention adjusted with the screws and rubber grommets installed and tightened.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Finally got them this am. Called at 0850cst waited 50 minutes in line. I was needing replacement parts that have worn out or lost.

TOP NOTCH customer service even if it did take 3 weeks of calling to finally get someone. All was replaced for free as warranty replacement. Way to go aliengear

·
Super Moderator
35,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got them this am. Called at 0850cst waited 50 minutes in line. I was needing replacement parts that have worn out or lost.

TOP NOTCH customer service even if it did take 3 weeks of calling to finally get someone. All was replaced for free as warranty replacement. Way to go aliengear

I have always found them to be responsive and to make a great product.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
36,032 Posts
I have three backs and i think about 5 different outer shells, I carried my Sig 238 in a Alien gear for several years, went to the Sig 365 and carry it now in a Alien Gear, as I have all the guns still I just buy the new shell. and of course I have one for my 1911 and so thats about 14-15 weapons that fit into that one shell.
got one for my CZ P-01 and the CZ SP-01 and the Shadow -2 fit that as well.
they work for me and my uses so !!!!!!!

Reactions: Czechbikr
1 - 7 of 7 Posts