Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a link to a story about a UK organization which has come up with a scheme to 'encode' ammo with encoded pollen.
http://www.physorg.com/news136808322.html

I can only imagine what the gun grabbers are going to do with this. Shooters may end up with allergic reactions and such. Reloaders are going to be in for problems too.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Inconvenient....but honestly...I don't plan on committing any crimes, so, barring an allergic reaction, I don't really care if the ammo I buy contains these pollens. I don't reload...but I'm sure if I did I would feel differently though.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
That is why I buy my reloading supplies in bulk. I also have enough casings to last a long time. Sooner or later the BG will find away around it.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Besides this type of stuff being an end-run around the 2nd Amendment there is the increased cost per round of this unnecessary crap.

Besides (like what was mentioned in one of the upper comments) how big will the "batches" be? Depending on their answer I suspect it won't work out well in court.

Steelheart

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
are you kidding? i about laughed my self out of my chair reading that garbage.

the nanotags just sound like micro dots which have been around for a while and i have a feeling that whole dna capture thing is way to "CSI"..

i bet a dollar to a donut neither technology works.. at least not reliably, this is right up there with micro stamping.

·
Registered
149 Posts
"But our work clearly could make a valuable contribution not only to solving gun crime but also to deterring criminals from resorting to the use of firearms in the first place."
What??? They think that all criminals are so stupid that they can't figure a way around this valuable contribution? If the BG is to dumb to figure a way around leaving his DNA, then he's going to be too dumb to weigh the consequences of using a firearm or not in the attempt to get the money he needs for his next fix! :eek:

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
Vismin said:
Inconvenient....but honestly...I don't plan on committing any crimes, so, barring an allergic reaction, I don't really care if the ammo I buy contains these pollens. I don't reload...but I'm sure if I did I would feel differently though.
Will you feel the same way when a 50 count box of target 45acp goes up to $40 and a box of 9mm goes up to $30? This is just the next step in their plan to price us out of being gun enthusiasts. Support the NRA and try to stop this nonsense, NOW !!

·
Registered
514 Posts
texastaurusguy said:
Will you feel the same way when a 50 count box of target 45acp goes up to $40 and a box of 9mm goes up to $30? This is just the next step in their plan to price us out of being gun enthusiasts. Support the NRA and try to stop this nonsense, NOW !!
You're right...I should have qualified my opinion based on whether or not it effects price. You'd think that the 2nd amendment would actually be enough to protect our rights as gun owners. But I guess there are too many stupid politicians out there. :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
texastaurusguy said:
I agree completely!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I agree that the pollen stamping idea will most likelly be useless. The batches will wind up being too large for effect. pretty much they might be able to tell that the shooter purchased his ammo from Remminton through an oregon area wallmart, just like every other shooter in Oregon. OOOoo, useful!
As for the abrasive casings, the idea seems solid, and once tooling is in place the cost per unit should be the same as it is now, if not lowerr since the casings wont have to be tumbled as long. However I'm pretty sure that cases are smooth now for a reason, thats the way they work. If they make them rough enough to hold dead skin, they will also hold dust and debris, causeing feed problems. I kinda doubt either of these techs will see the market.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Rackir said:
I agree that the pollen stamping idea will most likelly be useless. The batches will wind up being too large for effect. pretty much they might be able to tell that the shooter purchased his ammo from Remminton through an oregon area wallmart, just like every other shooter in Oregon. OOOoo, useful!
As for the abrasive casings, the idea seems solid, and once tooling is in place the cost per unit should be the same as it is now, if not lowerr since the casings wont have to be tumbled as long. However I'm pretty sure that cases are smooth now for a reason, thats the way they work. If they make them rough enough to hold dead skin, they will also hold dust and debris, causeing feed problems. I kinda doubt either of these techs will see the market.

Not to worry, some fool state legislature will try to pass it. Remember it is for the good of the children.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts