Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm watching the first two episodes right now and I'm pretty sure in the first episode the Alcatraz inmate was carrying a Taurus 800 series. That's my guess because it looks like a polymer frame, stainless slide and the character manually cocks a hammer. Are there even any other hammer fired polymer pistols.

Reactions: sandman 11

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I watched it and enjoyed it. Can't answer the question tho.

Sarge

Reactions: sandman 11

·
21,932 Posts
I watched them and I am not sure if its going to be a long running show. It could get better but the problem
I have is right after I watched Alcatraz I watched the season opener of Justified.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
It'll stick around. It has a very Lost feel to it. Gotta love the DVR for shows that come on at the same time.

Sarge

Reactions: airwrench

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd probably give up my internet connection before giving up my DVR. It's THAT big of a thing in my house.

Thanks, Airwrench. So I guess I'll rephrase, and say that the only polymer hammer fired pistol in my price range is made by Taurus! LOL

Oh, and Happy Birthday Sarge! Pretty sure I saw a post about that earlier today.

Reactions: airwrench

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Thanks Lommerse33. I never thought a DVR was a big deal until I got one. Now I would rather not go without. Heck a lot of the old westerns and other movies I want to watch come on early in the AM.

Sarge

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the "Lost" aspect of Alcatraz a bit myself, and my wife has really been looking for a way to get her "Lost Fix" so hopefully it's a show we can enjoy together.

There are several members here that "poo-poo" television. It's true that "something's always on" these days, but I'll concede that there's not always something good on. With a DVR, you're no longer a slave to television. You can record the good stuff and watch when you can, on your schedule. I hardly even watch live TV now.

Reactions: Sarge

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Recorded it, haven't had time to watch it yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts