Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ala. Senate votes to relax gun control | Fox10tv.com

Senate Bill 286 will allow workers to keep guns locked in their vehicles while at their jobs. It also amends current law to state that carrying a visible, holstered firearm in public is not a violation of state law which appears to make Alabama an "open-carry" state.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Good for " Sweet Home Alabama " why not!

Reactions: Marinevietvet

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Looks like a few sheriffs are afraid of losing some power of their "subjects." Seems to me those sheriffs need to worry about doing a better job at crime prevention, intervention and follow up.

The good citizens of Alabama will sleep and walk around with a little more confidence once this becomes law.

·
Super Moderator
40,725 Posts
Nice, I wish Florida could get over this bump. We tried and only got accidental showing by concealed carry would not be illegal any more.

·
Registered
450 Posts
wow sometimes we dont realize what we have. up here in Michigan we can open carry, and if we have a cpl can open carry even in a pistol free zone. and to think i want the gun laws even more lax

·
Registered
82 Posts
AL has always been OC. This law just clarifies some definitions and removes the requirement to have a CPP to carry in your vehicle (the main reason many in the state got their CCP). Also changed may issue to shall issue. Clarifies the preemption issue and insures that OC will not be charged with disturbing the peace. Some jurisdictions never accepted that if there was no law against OC it was legal. This bill clears that up.

Edit: sorry, not disturbing the peace, disorderly conduct. Most sheriffs recognized OC as legal, however some local city PDs did not. (Birmingham for example). They forgot that ONLY the state could regulate firearms.

Posted from the outer reaches of the universe via my Star Fleet communicator! Live long & prosper.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Those sheriffs should be worried about losing all their power in the next election.
Hallelujah, this is a first step in the direction of taking the power out of the hands of corrupt Sheriff's hands. There was a case where a gentleman challenged the police chief of a city here because there was an ordinance banning open carry. The chief contacted the Sheriff and had his license revoked, and he was labeled armed and hostile towards Law Enforcement. If he had gotten pulled over, he could have literally been killed and at the very least charged with carrying a weapon illegally. He is now suing that police chief, but if that isn't abuse of power then I don't know what it. I will be open carrying my 1911 the day this goes into effect all day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts