Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The anti gun anti self defense will probably try to MISUSE this story but the basic facts are he either was not trained or chose to ignore the training, and he was NOT authorized to bring a gun into the school in the first place. Totally different than having trained and competent volunteer armed school staff. Even with all that though, if I still had kids in school, I would take this story any day of the week over something like

"Active shooter kills several dozen students at an elementary school". It doesn't have to be an either or choice though.

https://www.whio.com/news/police-su...gun-discharges-pocket/rUOHfitAIL1dvVV5ZuSKpI/

·
Registered
15,236 Posts
It was just a matter of time until something like this happened. Like you said, not the anti-gunners are going to take this story and run with it.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Super Moderator
37,589 Posts
He will be the poster boy for ALL teachers in ALL classrooms to illustrate the danger of going forward with a plan that might give a future school shooter pause before executing defenseless people.

Reactions: Rossi and olfarhors

·
Registered
36,916 Posts
The anti gun anti self defense will probably try to MISUSE this story but the basic facts are he either was not trained or chose to ignore the training, and he was NOT authorized to bring a gun into the school in the first place. Totally different than having trained and competent volunteer armed school staff. Even with all that though, if I still had kids in school, I would take this story any day of the week over something like

"Active shooter kills several dozen students at an elementary school". It doesn't have to be an either or choice though.

https://www.whio.com/news/police-su...gun-discharges-pocket/rUOHfitAIL1dvVV5ZuSKpI/
yea he should have been approved, trained and certified --you know like they FBI agent that was dancing and doing back flips and shot the person while picking up his weapon from the dance floor!
stupid decisions win you stupid door prizes.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
17,306 Posts
How can they misuse it?
He either had no training or he is a complete and total idiot.
He also was not authorized to have a gun on school grounds.
He just handed the opposition some very valid arguments to prove their cause.
I wouldn't want morons like him carrying guns either.........anywhere.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Wait a second! Aren't there stringent and strongly worded warnings about carrying guns in schools!? How could this have happened?? Since the implementation of restrictions of students carrying guns no students ever carry guns in schools, right? Well, I think the time has come to put into place laws about geriatric substitute teachers carrying pistols to schools! He needs to have a demerit report placed in his permanent record! That'll learn'em!!!

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How can they misuse it?
He either had no training or he is a complete and total idiot.
He also was not authorized to have a gun on school grounds.
He just handed the opposition some very valid arguments to prove their cause.
I wouldn't want morons like him carrying guns either.........anywhere.
Regarding the bolded, their argument won't that people like him shouldn't bring guns into a school. I would agree with that argument too. It will be that all teachers will be like this guy, like what Czechbiker said. Of course those same people don't publically call for law enforcement to be disarmed when someone in LE does something stupid with a gun. (yet)

He will be the poster boy for ALL teachers in ALL classrooms to illustrate the danger of going forward with a plan that might give a future school shooter pause before executing defenseless people.
Also, even if it doesn't give them pause before a mass shooting, having an armed responder of some type has been proven in other mass shootings to slow down or sometimes stop the mass shooter. All schools have fire extinguishers and first aid kits, many now have AED's, but too few schools have armed staff.

·
Registered
36,916 Posts
I am totally against a school teacher, custodial staff, upper management possessing a firearm in a school, unless they are trained, certified and routinely must under go recertification.
now sure still a few bad apples will slip through but that's the best way to go in my opinion.
no way do I want a novice school teacher having a gun around one of my kin unless they have some formal training and testing, I am not even real comfortable walking around in public with some of these people carrying concealed with no testing requirement.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am totally against a school teacher, custodial staff, upper management possessing a firearm in a school, unless they are trained, certified and routinely must under go recertification.
now sure still a few bad apples will slip through but that's the best way to go in my opinion.
no way do I want a novice school teacher having a gun around one of my kin unless they have some formal training and testing, I am not even real comfortable walking around in public with some of these people carrying concealed with no testing requirement.
Regarding the bolded, I think this is the best way to go also. I support the FASTER program. It not only teaches active training in the defensive use of a handgun in general, they do specific training inside a (empty) school as well. From what I've heard the training also helps in preventing responding LE from accidentally shooting the good guy/gal should a situation occur.

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
Come to Kansas where no training is required to carry concealed or otherwise. It's the America our founders left us! The big difference is that here, it isn't just the untrained untested people with evil intent carrying, it is the law abiding citizen. I don't like being around people with guns for the same reason I don't like driving the streets of Wichita--too many idiots. Unfortunately, I have to live among idiots (and I'm guessing they'd say the same).

·
Registered
36,916 Posts
Come to Kansas where no training is required to carry concealed or otherwise. It's the America our founders left us! The big difference is that here, it isn't just the untrained untested people with evil intent carrying, it is the law abiding citizen. I don't like being around people with guns for the same reason I don't like driving the streets of Wichita--too many idiots. Unfortunately, I have to live among idiots (and I'm guessing they'd say the same).
SAME HERE!
now I have no problem actually I highly support that lawful citizen should be able to own/ possess a firearm for their protection, I do not support these same people being able to carry one amongst the general public without some type of appearance that they can do so safely .
I mean I can stay away from your home if your an idiot or not have a clue about a firearm but I can't stay away if I met you on the street or am in a elevator with you carrying one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts